The Klaviyo Onboarding team is growing! We are looking for a Director manager to join our team as we focus on building out our upmarket customer experience. As a leader of the CS organization, your job is to solve for both the customer experience and our employee experience - you do this by creating trust with both our customers and our team through humility, open-mindness, and giving the team a strong sense of purpose with being part of the Customer Success organization. Your job is to empower the team giving them the clear vision, direction, and support they need to grow and be successful in helping our customers own their growth.
You will be responsible for leading a team of managers to deliver on the vision of the Global Onboarding team to deliver a world class customer experience across our SMB and upmarket customer base. You'll be responsible for the growth and development of your team, driving efficiency through improved process and operationalizing plans, acting as an escalation point for customer and team issues (resolving them as they arise), and helping to develop the strategies necessary to reach Klaviyo’s goals.
The position reports to the VP of Customer Success and works closely with the Senior Manager of CSM along with other teams and leaders across the company. You will fully own the SMB and MidMarket customer experience post-onboarding and will be responsible for driving customer time to value, retention and NPS.
We are looking for someone with a strong understanding of MidMarket and Enterprise customers, someone who has experience building and leading a team of Customer Success professionals, and has a SaaS background, preferable with an email platform. This person is highly collaborative and innovative with a track record of relentless & effective execution, and is excited to tackle some of our Klaviyo’s most challenging opportunities for improving the customer experience.
How You'll Make a Difference:
- Develop a high-touch, upmarket customer onboarding experience focused around clear project plans, delivering quick time to value and creating successful customer relationships and Klaviyo advocates
- Create and support positive and impactful relationships between sales and CS teams, where parties regularly review the customer experience, dissect and solve for internal friction points and review upcoming pipeline
- Keep the customer journey at the center of all decisions and identifies key areas of opportunity to improve the customer experience. Responsible for key performance metrics such as retention, CSAT, NPS and customer health score
- Responsible for working with the Director of CS to manage the planning and directing of the Onboarding business function successfully, setting the roadmap and quarterly OKRs and working with managers to ensure the goals cascade to all workers
- Hires and develops managers; coaching through effective leadership, delegation, accountability and performance management. Responsible for development and performance management across the Onboarding team
- Leverages data and objective measures to design and make key business decisions. Focused on the key strategies and execution of the business unit with visibility into cross functional impact
- Assign accounts and distribute work across individuals for optimal customer coverage and team balance
- Create an inclusive culture on their team through leading by example with being humble and open-minded, and operating with high integrity by being open to feedback
Who You Are:
- 7+ years managing at least 4 team members or team leads, ideally in a Customer Success Team (CSM or Onboarding/Implementation Specialists) for a high growth SaaS company
- Experience in SaaS Onboarding, Implementation, or Project Management. MarTech and Marketing Strategy Advising experience is a plus.
- A successful leader and team builder through excellent motivation, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Agile, adaptable, and excited that each day can bring new opportunities
- You get energized when engaging with all levels of management across multiple teams
- A track record working creatively problem-solving and collaborating with Sales, Product, and Marketing to create an exceptional customer experience
- Self-motivated, eager to learn and thrive in a collaborative environment
- Passionate about creative problem solving for customers and internal teams
- A track record for driving efficacy of team output related to customer success outcomes
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.