Director of Corporate Development at EverQuote
Reporting to the SVP, Corporate Development & Strategy, the Director of Corporate Development & Strategy will be responsible for identifying and evaluating prospective acquisition opportunities to generate inorganic growth as well as performing strategic and quantitative analyses to assist the Company in assessing its existing and potentially new market segments.
What You Will Be Doing:
This individual serving in this newly created and highly-visible role will be a key member of the Company’s corporate development team and will lead the effort in developing and maintaining a robust pipeline of potential acquisitions by proactively contacting targets. In addition, this person will provide general transaction and analytic support to the Senior Vice President and be responsible for performing strategic and quantitative analyses, conducting due diligence, determining appropriate valuation, driving activities to closure, preparing for integration activities and preparing related presentation materials and reports for EverQuote’s senior management and Board of Directors.
What You Are Great At:
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with strong business development, financial analysis and analytical skills with demonstrable experience in leading or playing a key role in an M&A processes from concept to completion.
- Able to assess a company, its market opportunity, potential risks and key deal dynamics by asking the right questions to make quick go/no-go decisions.
- Possess a high-degree of comfort in being able to develop a rapport with a target’s CEO in an initial interaction / “cold call.”
- Developing and maintaining a detailed business development funnel tracking potential opportunities and required follow-up as well as leveraging third-party data sources to identify opportunities.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills including proficiency in financial statement analysis, financial modeling and valuation experience to effectively evaluate opportunities
- Analyzing and diligencing a potential target, its market, financials, opportunities and risks, and then succinctly summarizing your findings into a business or investment case for executive management including valuation
- Developing compelling presentations, write reports and effectively deliver the same to audiences of varying seniority to gain organizational commitment and alignment
- Building strong and collaborative internal and external relationships and professional networks
- Highly proficient in using necessary software tools, particularly Excel and PowerPoint as well as leveraging third-party data sources including S&P/Cap IQ, Pitchbook and Similar Web.
- Technology M&A experience gained from working within an in-house corporate development team and either private equity or investment banking.
- Worked in organizations that have provided you with extensive domain knowledge of technology and private capital/investment markets (venture-capital and growth equity)
- Specific experience in working with companies that are Internet marketplaces, fintech/insurtech players or in the broad insurance industry is highly desirable but not required.
- Experience working in a dynamic environment where you had to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work collaboratively with both senior and junior colleagues.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic, with an effective combination of business acumen, sound decision-making, and a bias for action; ability to act in a decisive, urgent and committed way to achieve results; remain focused on deliverables and leverage resources to reach goals
- Four-year college degree; MBA preferred
- Ability to travel and work off cycle hours as circumstances demand
We get it. Requirements can sometimes hold people back from applying to a job, but don’t let that be the case here. If you believe you have the skills it takes to elevate this role, team, and company, we encourage you to apply for this role.
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) operates the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. We make insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and providers time and money. Our goal is to reshape the way consumers shop and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
EverQuote is committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.