Director, Commercial Sales
Markforged, Inc. located in Watertown, MA is growing at an exponential rate and we’re looking for a highly-motivated and experienced Director of Sales who thrives in a fast-paced, growth-focused environment to help build our team. As a trusted business partner, you will partner with Sales Leadership and customers.
At Markforged we are on a mission to empower engineers to unlock the next 10x of innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D printing platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow processes.
In this role you will:
- Direct the development of the overall sales strategy for the Commercial and Business Development teams in North America
- Lead and manage Commercial Sales Representatives and Business Development Representatives in achieving individual, team, and organizational quotas in North America
- Drive and monitor account planning and execution to deliver maximum revenue potential
- Define new models and processes to grow the business
- Grow and maintain effective business relationships with internal business groups to ensure maximum effectiveness of the sales organization
- Prepare pitches and compelling visual presentations explaining the benefits of partnering with Markforged for organizations of all sizes
What we look for:
- 5+ years sales experience selling to commercial accounts with at least 3+ years experience in a people manager role
- Ability to build vision, understand and define requirements, design practical solutions, develop supporting business cases, and implement solutions for clients
- Outstanding communication skills, being both outspoken and a good listener at the same time
- Experienced negotiator, self-motivated, strong influencing skills
- Ability to build and lead a sales organization, including quota-carrying and forecasting experience
- Strong leadership, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, or some related discipline
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- Our work environment includes casual dress
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description