Director of Business Development and Strategic Partnerships at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The partnerships team is responsible for the end-to-end development and deployment of Toast’s partnership and channel strategy. This includes working closely with our product and sales teams to develop strategy, scoping potential partnerships and negotiating contracts, developing relationships with external and internal parties, and executing the deployment and ongoing growth of mutually beneficial partnerships across a cross-functional team. The team manages Toast’s broad portfolio of channel (lead-gen) and product-focused partners.
We are looking for a Director of Business Development and Strategic Partnerships to join the channel and distribution partnership side of our team. You will have experience building and managing external relationships and driving cross-functional internal teams, be comfortable dealing with uncertainty in a fast-paced environment, and be able to put structure to complex, unstructured problems.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Develop and execute business development strategy and tactics across Toast and its products, including our fast-growing platform
- As needs arise, build and oversee a team that supports the growth of new and existing partnerships
- Conduct market analysis to develop a perspective on the current and future partnership landscape for the company
- Collaborate with product, marketing, sales, and other teams to identify and engage potential partners to accelerate our growth
- Build thoughtful business cases to influence partner prioritization
- Monitor and report on partnership progress internally and with partners, using in-depth data and analytics
- Work closely with partners and product marketing teams to strategically deliver product training and collateral during product releases and updates
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience in partnerships, Business Development / Corporate Development, SaaS technology, and/or management consulting
- Proven ability to develop deep relationships and negotiate and close deals ranging from tactical, mid-size opportunities, to strategic, large and complex partners
- Strong analytical skills – able to evaluate opportunities from strategic, brand, financial, and operational perspectives
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to think and communicate creatively and thoughtfully, with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to thrive under minimal guidance
- Experience managing and coaching high-performing teams
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Advanced degree (MBA/MS/PhD)
- Deep understanding of SaaS businesses and / or the restaurant technology space
- Strong rolodex of industry contacts to catalyze partnerships
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.