Wistia is the leading video and audio marketing platform for B2B marketers. We have the opportunity to both simplify how marketers do their jobs, but also maximize the results that they are after. There has never been such a huge push to invest in content marketing like we are seeing today, including both video and podcast. Wistia is uniquely positioned to serve this rapidly growing market as an end to end platform that supports the creation, hosting, publishing and measuring of video and podcast content for marketers.
- Our Customer Success team advises and guides a wide variety of customers, ensuring they launch Wistia successfully, adopt it widely and are continually driving business value from Wistia.
- Our CSMs work closely with customers to discover their business needs and challenges and then mentors them on the best ways to use Wistia to solve them.
- Act as go-to resource for all video marketing strategy questions and best practices across a set of accounts.
- Onboard all new Premium accounts with a kickoff call, success plan, 30 day check-in, and quarterly business reviews, helping them reach critical adoption milestones.
- Provide insights to customers to ensure that they get the most out of the platform.
- Maintain high levels of customer engagement and satisfaction with a focus on customer loyalty.
- Manage a pipeline of renewals at various stages and keep up to date records + notes.
- Maintain competitive knowledge.
- Collaborate with sales, support and engineers to ensure consistency, clarity, and accuracy in all recommendations provided to current and prospective customers.
- Partner closely with other cross-functional team members to translate business needs and product requirements into new solutions for customers.
- Answer or triage all billing and product-related questions with the help of our wonderful Customer Happiness and Finance teams.
- Assist with set up of Soapbox seats and invoicing as needed by account.
Core competencies critical to the success of this role:
- Curiosity: A genuine, unrelenting interest in the business goals of whoever you speak with. Desire to push through uncertainty and ask tough questions.
- Empathy: Customers want to be heard! When you aim to walk a mile in their shoes, good things happen even if they decide Wistia won't be the best fit.
- Self-starter: Internal motivation to deliver results, recognize and solve problems, refine your process, and grow your impact.
- Adaptability: Change is constant in software. Enthusiastically adjusting to new conditions is critical.
Beyond the above, here are CSM-specific qualifications:
- Ability to drive to customer outcomes with a track record of hitting role-specific targets
- Ability to demonstrate customer focused, value based approach to conversations
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building strong relationships
- Possess strong phone, written and verbal communication skills with excellent presentation skills
- Exhibits leadership qualities and a team oriented attitude
- Willingness and enthusiasm to contribute to an evolving Customer Success team’s strategy
- Interest in video, podcasting, and how marketers communicate to their audience more broadly!
- Well-organized, with a high attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Excellent multitasking and project management skills
- Dedicated to delivering an exceptional customer experience.