Channel Account Manager, Security Sales – DELL at VMware Carbon Black
We’re seeking a Chanel Account Manager to oversee sales of Security solution thru the DELL RTM, providing sales oversight and maximize sales engagement with Dell EMC. This role will focus on ensuring cross-functional success by driving the Security Business Unit bookings and revenue growth. Prior managerial experience requested as this individual will coordinate a team of sales reps, technical specialists and insider reps to drive sales of VMware security solutions thru Dell RTM.
Members of the Security Business Unit Channel Team assist with driving the Security Business Unit’s booking and revenue growth and are the ‘eyes and ears’ of the Security Business Unit. We exude passion and energy balanced with professionalism and a consultative, knowledgeable approach. We expect every member of the channel team to:
- Aggressively help sales establish qualified pipeline
- Manage DELL like your own business while working as a team with your peers and DELL
- Organize and align DELL marketing plans
- Communicate effectively
- Project professionalism and dedication to customer success
- Know our products, the benefits they offer and how we fit in the security ecosystem
- Accurately forecast and capture details in internal systems and reporting
- Operate with the highest ethical standards
- Make decisions based upon the following interests : 1) Customer 2) Security Business Unit 3) Self
What You’ll Do
- Exceed booking, revenue and pipeline quota targets
- Drive incremental revenue opportunities with DELL, responsible for advancing and converting pipeline
- Track, forecast, co-ordinate and report on sales opportunities.
- Facilitate relationships between the Security Business Unit field sales team and the key partner sales and technical teams to ensure that account mapping is completed and joint account plans developed.
- Jointly develop account plans and review monthly against agreed targets.
- Contribute & participate in QBR and MBR sessions with DELL, VMWARE and Security BU teams outlining execution improvement opportunities as well as action plans and owners
- Manage demonstration, POCs and evaluation activities with the help of the Systems Engineering team
- Travel across multiple DELL offices in the geos (~40% travel) in order to build, convert and close pursuits
- Capture, maintain, and disseminate accurate and relevant prospect information using Salesforce.com
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years sales management experience with strong connectivity to DELL
- 5+ years’ experience selling software security and/or infrastructure products to corporate enterprises
- Demonstrated history of exceeding booking and revenue targets
- Comfortable engaging at the senior executive level
- Highly effective presentation and closing skills
- Strong time management, organizational and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Dynamic, high-energy self-starter
- Possess the drive to succeed and to participate in the growth of an exciting, fast-paced Security Business Unit
- BA/BS or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Fluent in English with excellent spoken and written skills, additional languages highly desirable
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Partner Programs
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-05-14
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.