Business Development Representative at Interactions
Business Development Representative
The primary responsibility of the Business Development Representative (BDR) is to conduct prospect research, and perform active outreach to appropriate executives in specifically targeted prospect North American enterprises in order to facilitate introductions and meaningful engagement with our direct enterprise sales organization, including conference calls, onsite meetings, webinars. The BDR collaborates closely with Sales and Marketing staff, with the ultimate objective to identify and drive qualified sales opportunities.
Essential Job Functions*:
- Follow the Interactions’ established pre-sales process in an effort to complete the sales cycle
- Research and identify each of the following within assigned accounts using various software applications:
- Key contacts across relevant functions
- Strategic objectives as set by prospect CEO
- Key company initiatives that relate to Interactions’ value proposition
- Organizational chart for relevant functions
- Current vendor relationships
- Customer Care channels in service
- CSAT metrics/scores
- Previous positions held by key executives
- Key competitors, and how their customer care programs compare to best of breed within their sector
- Maintain contact and communication with prospects who are interested but not yet ready to engage in meetings; includes timely and compelling email follow up.
- Use marketing materials and established communications templates, engages with prospects to obtain first call meetings.
- Perform active outreach with a goal to confirm meetings for the sales team.
- Work closely with sales team to ensure communication toward prospect is on point.
- Use standard processes and communications templates to drive attendance to company sponsored events and follow-up on potential leads generated from proactive marketing campaigns of all types.
- Use Salesforce.com to document and maintain all activities associated with assigned prospects.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Potential travel to company sponsored events to include meetings, training and trade shows.
Preparation, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3+ years work experience.
- Exceptional time management, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Must be articulate and well spoken; able to interact with senior executives and be taken seriously.
- Resilient. Demonstrated ability to remain motivated and productive to reach long-term goals.
- A high degree of personal character and integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team effort.
- Solid IT skills: salesforce.com, MS Office, Google Docs.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Communications and/or Business major preferred.
- Familiarity with the contact center / customer care market ecosystem and operations environment.
- Some work experience in a sales or marketing support position.