Business Development Representative at Privitar
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:08 p.m. (EST) on Monday, January 6, 2020
Data privacy is now a top of mind concern. Privitar is looking for help to bring our data-privacy platform to organizations in North America. We are seeking energetic individuals to join our Business Development team to generate qualified prospects for sales to close in our Boston, MA office. Success in the BDR role requires a hunter mentality with significant time on the phone following up on leads generated from marketing programs as well as independent prospecting.
Privitar is a rapidly growing VC-backed company based in London and is building data privacy software. We work with organizations worldwide across multiple industries, including financial services, telecommunications, pharma and government. We enable them to get the most out of data while reducing privacy risk.
- Master Privitar’s target market, business drivers and strategies so that you can develop intrigue and position Privitar as the solution organizations need
- Reach out to and follow up with respondent marketing programs to initiate conversation
- Execute activities as set forth by management, including phone calls and emails at a high quality to meet your monthly goals
- Identify key targets in our database and initiate contact with appropriate suspects, leveraging research resources to create intrigue, assess their current data privacy methods and position Privitar’s solutions
- Nurture and manage leads until they are qualified as sales-ready
- Leverage all contacts to identify other prospects through referrals
- Identify decision-makers and company goals to position Privitar appropriately
- Track all activities in our CRM system to support account and management teams, validate activity and lead qualification reports, and provide sales with solid prospect background on role, need and intrigue to ensure high-quality prospect transition into the sales process
- Identify potential opportunities and transition leads to Sales Execs by proactively setting up sales appointments for further qualification discussions
- BS or BA degree and a minimum of 1 year business experience in sales is preferred
- Recent college graduates are also encouraged to apply
- Experience conducting business and building relationships via phone & email
- Excellent phone, interpersonal, verbal & written capabilities
- Customer-oriented writing skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously while maintaining a high-volume pace
- Over-the-top motivation and creativity to successfully reach prospects and create conversations
- Comfort recording everything into our CRM system (salesforce.com – we can only improve what we measure)
- HUNTER mentality
- Organizational skills and a result-oriented, self-starter attitude
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals – this position carries a qualified lead and pipeline quota and bonuses for exceeding quota
Privitar does not accept unsolicited referrals or CVs from any source other than directly from candidates or approved agencies with written agreements in place and instructed on specified roles.
Unsolicited CVs received from any agency not engaged as outlined above will be considered a "free gift", and there will be no fees due should we choose to contact the candidate directly. Receipt of unsolicited CVs will in no way establish any prior claim to the candidate should they also be submitted by another agency. We consider this type of activity an attempt to lay claim to a given candidate and therefore entirely inappropriate. Any submission of unsolicited CVs to us will be deemed as full acceptance of these terms.
We only engage with agencies who are respectful of candidates, businesses and other agencies. We abide by our agreements with them and maintain genuine, straight-forward and lasting relationships which generate the highest calibre candidates for our business.
Read Full Job Description