Business Development Representative
Greater Boston Area
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Be part of something bigger
NewStore operates a platform for retailers to run their stores on iPhones. Purpose-built for mobile shoppers, the company provides Omnichannel-as-a-Service with the only integrated cloud OMS and mobile POS. Intuitive store associate apps allow retailers to offer seamless shopping experiences through endless aisle, mobile checkout, store fulfillment, real-time inventory and clienteling. An API-first architecture and an expansive ecosystem of partners
means retailers can deploy fast and flexible omnichannel with ease. NewStore was founded by Stephan Schambach, who pioneered eCommerce at Demandware (now Salesforce Commerce Cloud). The company has offices in Berlin, Boston and New York. Learn more at www.newstore.com.
Ultimately, you will help boost sales through the adoption of the NewStore Omnichannel Platform, contributing to the long-term growth of the business.
FOLLOW YOUR PASSION; GROW YOUR SKILLS
As a Business Development Representative, you’ll seek out new business opportunities by researching, connecting and developing relationships with key decision makers. Experienced in prospecting, nurturing and developing B2B leads from marketing campaigns and hitting quotas, you’ll leverage your skills to cultivate interest, run sales demos and discovery calls, and pass along sales-ready leads to the Field Sales representatives. You’ll have the opportunity to develop your enterprise software skills—this position lays the foundation for a successful high tech sales career, and there is a path for career growth within NewStore for the right candidate that is willing to learn and work toward that goal.
0 - 6 month
- Learn the NewStore product, messaging, and retail industry
- Learn the tools necessary to be successful: CRM, scripts, messaging, product, [more]
- Participate in professional sales training as part of your growth and development
- Leverage any opportunity you can to learn the market and the business
6 - 12 months
- Continue to build on your core skills and product/industry knowledge
- Build relationships with the decision makers at our target and key accounts
- Exceed your performance goals and maintain the momentum to do so
- Build relationships with your field and sales engineering, and marketing colleagues
12 - 24 months
- Expand your knowledge of field sales duties and responsibilities
- Shadow AEs and field sales team to learn the ins-and-outs of their day-to-day
- Set goals and chart path for promotion with your manager
- Play a larger supporting role in driving early stage sales opportunities
- Secure and set up demos, meetings and calls between prospective customers and the Field Team
- Structured and strategic outreach to potential clients through cold calls, emails, and direct mail campaigns
- Establish relationships within the buying centers of leading retail brands to drive top of funnel opportunities
- Actively and accurately qualify net-new prospects and leads generated from Marketing and Sales campaigns, programs and activities as sales opportunities
- Serve as the first point of contact for assessing, qualifying and communicating with inbound requests from prospects
- Run sales demos and discovery calls with prospects
- Drive attendance to NewStore company events targeted at key prospects
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services; proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Work with Marketing and Sales to develop new tactics and campaigns to reach target accounts
- Report to the Director of Marketing, who runs Inside Sales at NewStore on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
HOW YOU WILL SUCCEED
- You get things done and take ownership. You are curious, and inquire before assuming. You are open to new ideas, and share your own with candor. You leave your comfort zone. You make mistakes and learn from them, and you share your learnings and information. You disrupt current processes and ways of working. You aren’t complacent. You ask: Did I make it better?
- You put the team’s interests above your own. You know that when our customers and team members win, we all win. You listen and you propose solutions based on looking at the problem from several different perspectives. You ask: Is this a win-win?
- You understand our business and our people. You know what motivates our teams, and our customers and how to unlock their potential. You respectfully challenge ideas, even when doing so is uncomfortable. You ensure compromise does not come for the sake ofsocial cohesion. You ask: Did I debate and commit?
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- 1-3 years technology sales experience
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills; negotiation experience a plus
- Excited and enjoy the thrill of the “hunt”
- A well-developed sense of self-accountability, motivation, and ambition
- Technology and business savvy
- Proven track record of achieving sales quotas and/or building business relationships and acting as point of contact on behalf of a larger organization
- Understand sales performance metrics and deliverables
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calling)
- Experience with Salesforce, HubSpot, Drift, etc.
Familiarity with Google and MS Suite, Outreach, etc. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision,
life & disability, 401(k), personal development budget, lunches together, travel to other offices, flexible working hours, and a generous paid time off policy.
Read Full Job Description