Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use. We're a woman-founded MIT startup with a mission to make cities smart, social, and sustainable.
We are looking for our next BDR cohort to grow the revenue-generating side of Soofa's business and seek out new opportunities for private-public partnerships. You will be responsible for discovering new industries, sectors, and partners for Soofa. This is a fast-paced, high-growth role that poses a unique opportunity to set the direction for the company and uncover new sectors that would make great partners for Soofa.
You'll give an outdoor voice to businesses, cities, and citizens. identifying and engaging with key decision makers as the first line of communication for new business at Soofa. Your day-to-day role will also include prospecting, booking appointments, and creating Sales Qualified Opportunities, as well as qualifying inbound leads from marketing campaigns.
This is a great role for a college grad and/or someone who is newer to the tech or business world. Candidates from underrepresented backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
Remote applicants (U.S.-based only) welcome.
Soofa is for people with a shared stake in a special place. Join us!
- Cultivate relationships across a diverse range of clients
- Consult, educate, and successfully set meetings through a high volume of outreach
- Brief executive team on market conditions and activity
- Critically evaluate performance in line with best practices-success in this role is measured by hitting and exceeding monthly goals, consistently staying ahead of daily metrics, and handling rejection in stride
- Influence the outcome and help overcome challenges
- See your ideas in action
- Push the limits to achieve goals
- Driven self-starter who is excited to help our business grow exponentially
- A persuasive and empathetic communicator with well-developed skills on the phone and in written word
- Familiar with metrics-driven approach to success
- Working knowledge of social media platforms and tools
- Excited to educate others on Soofa's cutting-edge technology
- Drive for continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a diverse team
- A warm listener with a passion for learning about people, businesses, and communities
- Able to navigate objections and willing to build something new
- Curious, driven, great at time management, and coachable
Bonus Points For
- Sales experience
- Knowledge of the out-of-home or smart cities industry
Perks of Working with Soofa
- Best of both worlds: Soofa's Cambridge HQ is open, safe, and compliant for anyone who wants to use it; or, work from anywhere
- Generous healthcare, dental, vision, and parental leave packages
- Free short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Dog-friendly office
- Virtual and in-person team events
- Company culture focused on talent development and caring personally
Soofa is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Soofa is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.