Business Development Representative (BDR) at MachineMetrics, Inc.
We're looking for a talented Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our team! We are happy to offer a flex-work environment—where you can work from home and/or one of our offices (Northampton, MA or Boston, MA.)
MachineMetrics was founded by a small group of software and manufacturing professionals that couldn't sit still and are obsessed with making an incredible product. MachineMetrics has simplified Industrial IoT to digitize the shop floor and enable teams to drive decisions with machine data. We were named by Forbes as one of the top IoT companies to watch in 2019 and voted one of Built In’s 2020 Best Places to Work in Boston!
Our industry 4.0-ready software increases productivity through edge connectivity, real-time visibility, and deep manufacturing analytics. Together, we can deliver on our commitment to provide continuous improvement for our clients.
You're looking to develop your career in Sales with a cutting-edge software company. We are seeking an individual who displays the attitude, aptitude, and amplitude to not only get the job done but grow within the company. You’re the kind of person that enjoys working independently and with other teams.
You thrive on meeting/exceeding goals, whether on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. You LOVE sharing the value proposition of something you believe in. This is a new role in the company, so you’ll be making an impact from Day One.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Use prospecting strategies to lead initial outreach to prospects through inbound sales calls and emails
- Identify the interest, needs and challenges/opportunities of the prospective customer
- Schedule discovery meetings for sales representatives and prospects
- Meet activities goals (daily/weekly/monthly)
- Effectively communicate our value proposition at all organizational levels
- Work with the VP of Marketing to continuously improve processes
- Be a Champion of our Core Values
What You’ll Have:
- Self-starter who has a desire to learn, grow, and excel in their role
- Well-known interpersonal skills; you naturally build relationships
- Professional communication skills—both verbally and in writing
- Prior telemarketing or software sales (SaaS) experience; meeting quotas
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to influence credibly at all levels, internally and externally
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Familiarity with CRMs (e.g., Salesforce, Hubspot, etc.)
- Experience using collaboration tools like Slack, Skype, videoconference is a nice-to-have
- Familiarity with the manufacturing industry is a plus not required
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, passport, and are able to travel without restriction
- Has reliable transportation
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.