Imagine working with world’s most recognized companies and their technology, advising them on how to build the world’s next and best applications. As an Associate Sales Engineer you will be a key technical advisor for our award-winning products enabling our industry leading customer base to meet their technical goals and challenges. SmartBear has played a role in the Uber you ordered, the banking app you use, the item you posted for auction, or that flight you just purchased. Our software is downloaded every 6 seconds (5.25 million downloads a year) and we have over 25,000 customers (Google, Apple, Microsoft, Uber, GE and SalesForce to name a few) in 194 countries. We have real products, real customers and great compensation.
Benefits of this position
- Advocate proven technology that produces measurable customer results and is continually being expanded with innovative, new products.
- Work in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment as a trusted advisor for our internal sales, marketing, and product teams
- No quotas or cold calling, support technical sales assignments while receiving strong compensation incentives for your valuable technical insights and contributions
- Provided tools and training to elevate your performance and be an industry and product specialist
- Exposure to innovative software through webinars, tradeshows, product releases and more as a SmartBear technology thought leader
- Provide technical support to the Sales process, qualify prospective customer requirements, and deliver strategically developed product demonstrations that match customer needs
- Respond and troubleshoot product questions from prospective and current customers to display SmartBear’s technical value ensuring successful customer experiences
- Collaborate with Marketing to provide insight for the creation and publication of technical content, webinars, and events
- Participate in industry events and customer sales meetings representing SmartBear as a technical thought leader
- Solicit and provide feedback from prospective and current customers to facilitate new features and functionality in our current technology
- Stay apprised of current SmartBear and industry technology to contribute to training team members on the differentiating value of our solutions
- Technical degree or related field
- 0-2 years of experience presenting and/or teaching technical concepts
- Worked directly with customers or internal clients to resolve technical problems
- Experience in software development, quality automation, performance monitoring, or other software quality related fields
- Ability to travel (10-20% travel)
- Authorized to work in the United States (minimum of H1B)
SmartBear Is A Destination Employer
- Voted by Glassdoor as one of the "Best Places to Work", Named to Boston Globe’s “Top Places To Work”, and VentureFizz calls us one of “One of The Hottest Companies in Boston”.
· Invest In Our Employees – We care about the success of our employees and provide guidance and tools to help them grow their careers and succeed. We seek to continuously learn and evolve and strive to be the company of choice.
· Open and Collaborative Environment – We have an inclusive, creative, passionate, fun and successful environment.
· Award Winning Technology – SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions, including “Top Innovator and Leader In Software Development”.
· Invested Leadership Team - Our leadership team has a proven record of success, is passionate about the success of the employees and company and focused on supporting the sales organization.
· Unbelievable Offices – We are in a new, state-of-the-art building, on the waterfront, with an modern layout and a giant kitchen and eating area. We have an open floor plan and an abundance of conference rooms. The office is centered on the “Bear Cave”, for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, monthly drinks, wine tastings and industry Meetups and events. We’ve also left space for fun with a ping-pong table, putting green, bean bag toss and other ways to have a quick break during the day.
· Ideal Location - We are located at Assembly Row, which is the new, hot, technology company destination, with great water views, restaurants, cafes, bars, shopping, movie complex, bike and running paths and is easily accessible by mass transportation.
· Great Perks – We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, ample vacation, 401(k) match, great eats – breakfast, lunches, coffee (regular, gourmet, espresso, lattes), drinks, healthy and sweet snacks and a constant flow of popcorn from a retro movie theater machine.
· Community Service and Philanthropy - SmartBear is committed to giving back to the community. We offer employees a day off to serve the cause of their choice or work in teams to support an organization. SmartBear also contributes time and donates to meaningful organizations, such as aiding at-risk children and combating homelessness.
· Thought Leader and Innovator – SmartBear strives to be a thought leader and innovator in the technology industry. We frequently support Meetups, are a member of Women In Technology, MassTLC and other premier organizations.