Associate Account Executive (Business Development Representative equivalent) at ezCater
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
Inside sales at ezCater has seen rocket-level growth over the last several months. We’re looking for an entry-level Associate Account Executive whose primary role will be to bolster the efficiency of our National Sales teams. Your support will allow our reps to do more of what they do best: sell.
If you’re ready to think critically about the sales process from start to finish (how should leads be funneled? How can we track them to our benefit? How might we get more out of the systems and processes that we rely on?) then you may be the jack or jill-of-all-trades that we’re looking for.
- Assist in the on-boarding process for national accounts by (swiftly and accurately) entering contact information, setting up account details, and organizing business groups.
- Become a powerhouse user of Freedom (ezCater’s internal database) and serve as a resource for both internal and cross-team training.
- Utilize key tools/systems (HubSpot, Excel, Freedom, etc.) to put process puzzle pieces together.
- Proactively control and qualify sales leads; work with managers to develop a lead assignment system that will drive operational success.
- Wear a whole lot of hats: you’ll serve as a pinch hitter in support of our QA and Account Executives.
- Maintain internal and external reporting functions in an effort to streamline team productivity and caterer communication.
- Track users for commission processes.
- Live in lists and appreciate the value-add of each small detail.
- Look to data while making decisions, supporting arguments, and identifying trends.
- Uncover problem areas without direction, and rely on creative solutions.
- See the forest through the trees (you recognize the big picture in repetitive, focused tasks).
- Are comfortable collaborating with and presenting to full teams and management.
- Practice exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
...then we’d love to talk to you.
What you’ll get from us:
Most importantly, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.