API Solutions Engineer at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?:
Our team is looking to add an API Solutions Engineer dedicated to Toast’s Solutions Engineering and Sales teams. This resource will qualify and support our customers in building and integrating custom solutions with our API suite. This role will be the primary contact and support for our customers' development teams to ensure successful implementation and deployment, utilizing Toast’s best practices.
About this roll*:
- Become a master in the Toast API suite with complete knowledge of the architecture implemented and best practice recommendations.
- Validate customer integration requirements through live discovery and analysis.
- Provide technical direction and support to customers' development teams during their development and QA cycles.
- Certify customers and their development teams on use of Toast APIs
- Work closely with the Product team to understand and translate Toast roadmap to customers and their development teams.
- Collaborate with Sales, Restaurant Success, and Solutions Engineering teams to identify API based solutions to meet customer business and operational objectives.
- Document and submit API feature requests based on customer requirements.
- Develop and improve processes, procedures and tools used in the support of customer integration projects.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Minimum three years hospitality or related industry experience required
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Ability to handle complex customer communications fluently while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction
- Experience managing multiple customer engagements simultaneously, both tactical and strategic
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Detail oriented, must possess strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with change management and feature gap analysis processes
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- A strong spirit and energy to provide the best support in the restaurant industry
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Travel 10% or more
*Bread puns encouraged but not required