Forward Financing has been one of the fastest-growing Fintech companies in Boston for the past three years, as recognized by Boston Business Journal, Inc. Magazine, and Deloitte's Fast 500. Our mission is to be the leading provider of alternative financing solutions to under-served small businesses. We accomplish this by investing in our people, our technology, and our customer experience – with long-term success in mind. We are proud to be named to Boston Business Journal's Best Places to Work in 2020.
As an Account Specialist you will be challenged daily and find satisfaction using your communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help customers resolve temporary financial and payment issues they are having with us. In this position, you will play an integral role in the revenue life-cycle of the company and help strengthen our relationships with those customers that need assistance in repaying their financing. As you progress at Forward Financing, opportunities may exist to further your career growth by moving within a department, or from one department to another.
In this role you will:
- Use your communication skills to engage the customer and your negotiation skills to reach a payment plan agreement that successfully balances the interests of the company and doing right by the customer.
- Use your analytical skills, empathy and judgement to understand what the customer’s business is going through, how it has affected their ability to pay and come up with a plan to work through it.
- Wow the customer with prompt, helpful and accurate service that reflects Forward Financing’s willingness to work with customers facing financial hardships in accordance with our contract.
- Prioritize and organize your work each day in order to work each account in your portfolio diligently, thoroughly, efficiently and on a timely basis to an A+ level.
- Use your attention to detail to fully and accurately document the status of the account and next steps
- Collaborate as needed with other internal teams including but not limited to sales, renewals, underwriting and legal.
- Identify issues, opportunities and trends that affect your and the company’s ability to succeed and bring them to the attention of your supervisor.
- Continuous follow through using a variety of contact methods to reach out to customers who may not be communicating.
- Passionate: You love what you do, and you have a positive attitude. You care about your teammates and the results of your work while demonstrating humility.
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately and likes to build strong relationships. Openly listens to learn and shows appreciation for other points of view.
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A doer who gets things done
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization.
- Proactive: Self-starter who appropriately tackles problems and gets stuff done without the need for constant oversight. Continually seeks additional responsibilities while asking for, and acting on, feedback.
- Collaborative: Approaches work with a “people first” attitude and is a team player. Able to engage in healthy and helpful conflict.
- Emotional Intelligence: high degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgement while under pressure.
- Competitive: Strong desire to win both as an individual and team. Exhibit tenacity, boldness, assertiveness in demanding jobs/situations.
- Persuasive: Ability to convince others to pursue a course of action.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
- 1+ years of professional experience.
- Self-motivated individual who can learn quickly.
- Team player who asks questions and takes the initiative to suggest improvements on current processes and systems.
- Good listening skills with the ability to see situations from the perspective of others.
- Ability to solicit, receive and implement feedback with the goal of relentless improvement.
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable capital to small businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with a team of small business financing experts, Forward Financing delivers same day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $750 million in financing to more than 20,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. Since 2017, Forward Financing has been named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts.
We are a diverse and driven group of over 90 people, located in the heart of Boston’s Financial District. Our employees come to work knowing they are helping thousands of small businesses while advancing their own careers. If this sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program.