Greater Boston Area
We’re expanding a team of driven, focused, smart people who want to make a meaningful impact on the success of world-class software organizations. To us, sales isn’t pitching a vision, closing a decision maker, then handing them a product; it’s providing an amazing experience centered around helping a prospect try and evaluate our product. Often, teams purchase our product without realizing their Appcues representative is in sales.
This is an opportunity to accelerate growth on a winning team. In this role, you will be responsible for generating 500k-600k in ARR per year. Each month, you'll work on 40-60 inbound trial signups, create 22-30 opportunities from those signups, work an additional 3-6 opportunities created by our BDR team, and close 6-15 deals. You will take our trialers on a journey from discovering if Appcues can help them achieve their goals, to assisting them in testing and configuring our software, to finally, helping them reach their trial limits and purchase. The first-class experience you provide will meaningfully impact our brand perception and lead us to win in competitive situations.
Apply if you’re passionate about being a part of a great team, delivering an exceptional sales experience, and contributing to the growth of a business that is growing rapidly
Your typical day might include:
- Prospecting - Selling to free trialers means tailoring your outreach strategy to help a prospect get more value out of their trial period. Depending on what they’ve done in their trial thus far, you’ll customize your messaging to add value to their experience and to try to get them on a phone call.
- Collaborating - You can expect to strategize daily with the sales team, product team, and company leadership on creativity closing and accelerating deals.
- Researching - Many of our prospects have a free trial themselves. When working a new account, you’ll try their product so that you can offer tailored tips via email and to guide discussion during your demos.
- Demoing - A typical first call at Appcues runs 45 minutes and covers qualification, discussion of best practices, a demo of the product, and co-creating a plan on how to evaluate Appcues during the trial. You’ll average 1-2 first calls per day.
- Following up - Following up on best practices and helping to unblock a trialerwho may be struggling with the product is key to accelerating the sales cycle. Great follow up starts with understanding what a prospect wants to achieve.
- Closing - You will own helping a prospect buy Appcues and become a customer. You will own negotiation and introduce new customers to our Success Team to ensure a great experience continues after the handoff.
- Learning - Few companies have run a data-driven, product-focused sales process successfully at this stage of business. Every day you’ll learn more about our product, what leads to results for our customers, and what’s working and not working in your process
You might be a great fit if:
- You believe at your core that solving for the success of Appcues customers is the best lever to drive team and personal success.
- You believe helping is the new selling.
- You strive to work and contribute to a place where you’re excited to show up every day.
- Your instinct is to solve a problem without being asked.
- You’re technically astute and would be excited to gain a deeper understanding of how software works. Our customers use different web technologies and you should want to understand the basics of how they work.
- You aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty and hop on the phone with a customer who needs support-style help.
- You have 1+ years of post-ramp Account Executive experience in a fast-paced SaaS sales organization.
- You look at challenges as opportunities for personal growth.
- More than anything else, you are empathetic and have a genuine desire to help other people.
At Appcues, our mission is to help teams build products their users love. With Appcues, you can create in-product experiences (user onboarding, feature announcements, etc.) without writing any code. We believe it's the non-technical people who oftentimes have the best information about a user's needs and desires. And we give them the tools to act
We’re a dynamic group of talented teammates who challenge, trust, and care about each other, the work we do, and the success story we’re all helping to write. We live by our values, our benefits are real, and sometimes we have donuts!
Appcues is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse team is a stronger team.
Read Full Job Description