ezCater is the #1 online - and the only nationwide - marketplace for business catering in the United States – a $22 billion market. Our 2.5M+ on-time ratings and reviews, our 60K+ caterers and restaurants, and our 5-star customer service make it superbly easy for business people to find and order great food for their meetings. We’re backed by Insight Venture Partners and Iconiq Capital, we’re on a path to $1B in 2019, and we’ll get there - even more surely if you come help us.
The Account Executive position at ezCater is an exciting opportunity for someone to join a fast-growing, high-performing sales organization in downtown Boston! We’ll provide unmatched tools and training, and you’ll learn to convert both cold and warm leads into sales. ezCater Sales has multiple focus areas, with distinct pipelines focusing on different objectives - from acquiring new customers (demand-side), acquiring caterers (supply-side), cross-selling caterers, re-engaging customers, and more.
Depending on your pipeline, you’ll be calling a variety of prospects — like prospective customers who’ve created ezCater accounts but haven’t yet placed an order, or prospective caterers who are brand new to the concept of our marketplace, and a variety of others. In these scenarios, you’ll couple powerful sales techniques with our strong message to sell ezCater’s 4.8-star service. You’ll be expected to run a well-managed, high-production desk, all while keeping your pipeline and your forecast current and accurate.
What you'll do:
- Build, develop, and manage an accurate pipeline.
- Make a high volume of daily outbound calls in order to quickly/efficiently qualify and close high-value prospects.
- Quickly identify specific customer profiles in the moment — and tailor your pitch accordingly.
- Thoroughly document your process in our CRM to maintain a clean and functional pipeline.
- Work as a consultative partner to guide prospects through their first or next order.
- Provide engaging demonstrations that show users how to best utilize our platform.
- Practice exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Convert all types of leads, and nurture them through every stage in the sales process.
- Have 3+ years of professional experience as an Account Executive, or in a client-facing role. (If you have less than three years of sales experience, please check out our Sales Academy program).
- Are a persistent, entrepreneurial self-starter who crushes goals
- Drive conversations, influence others, and successfully sell over the phone
- Thrive in a fast-paced (sometimes intense) and rapidly-expanding tech company
- Are naturally guided by common sense and have a great sense of humor
- Are down to earth, yet consistently poised and professional
- Are committed to ongoing self-development
Then we’d love to speak with you! (Restaurant or Service industry experience is a huge plus.)
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office smack-dab in Boston’s Downtown Crossing, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.