ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. We’re backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
We are looking for an Account Executive to join our Relish Sales team. This is a pivotal role in helping scale our newest revenue channel, and it is perfect for an entrepreneurial outbound sales professional who is scrappy, moves fast, and wants to have immediate impact.
- Drive outbound prospecting like crazy - you don’t need a playbook. It’s all about high activity (50+ dials per day), creativity, and being relentless. You are fearless on the phone, and excited and capable of driving results through activity
- Manage a pipeline of various lead sources through mostly outbound prospecting, and identify patterns to help inform additional lead generation efforts
- Own the full sales cycle, from initial engagement to close. You are comfortable navigating between short cycle deals (2-4 weeks) with small companies and longer cycles (2-3 months) across multiple influencers & decision makers at larger organizations.
- See an opening, and then connect the dots to quickly grow sales. You are a creative sleuth who can look at a blank sheet of paper, create a quick game plan, act on that game plan and then constantly iterate
- Problem solve to lay the groundwork for the hurdles we know today, as well as proactively anticipate the new hurdles tomorrow
- Build relationships with internal cross-functional teams, particularly Product. You are able to translate product feedback that aligns with a realistic product roadmap.
- Take consistent action to develop new skills, invest in self development and apply sales methodologies, and/or techniques that lead to increasing closed business
- Demonstrate an innate curiosity and ability to quickly and accurately assess the current, and future, needs of others
- 2+ years experience either in either a BDR or sales role with a heavy focus on prospecting in a B2B environment
- Proficiency with HubSpot or another CRM
- Experience with cold prospecting and outreach
- Feedback oriented and collaborative
- Utility player comfortable in a solutions-oriented selling environment
- A passion to learn and iterate to make improvements that drive better results
- Resiliency and always find a way to win
Starting Salary Range: $50,000 - $80,000
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, a great office in the heart of Boston or Denver that you can’t use till COVID lightens up, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.