Account Executive - Partner Program
HubSpot helps millions of organizations grow better, and we’d love to grow better with you. Our business builds the software and systems that power the world’s small to medium-sized businesses. Our company culture builds connections, careers, and employee growth. How? By creating a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy, and transparency. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 3M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, and more.
HubSpot was founded in 2006. We’re headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and we have offices in New Hampshire, Dublin (Ireland), Sydney (Australia), Singapore, Tokyo (Japan), Berlin (Germany), and Bogotá (Colombia).
As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for identifying, sourcing, and closing good fit agencies. Using strong consultative selling skills, you will balance contacting warm inbound leads as well as sourcing for your own pipeline. The warm leads have converted through HubSpot’s software and have expressed some form of interest in HubSpot’s Partner Program.
HubSpot Account Executives are responsible for successfully selling the value of HubSpot's software, the inbound marketing methodology, and ongoing agency-specific training. During the sales process, you will guide agencies as they learn how HubSpot can help them improve their client acquisition rates, client retention rates and overall agency profitability. Selling is done primarily over the phone and target resellers will largely consist of -- but not be limited to -- small and mid-sized marketing agencies.
This role is an inside sales role working in our Cambridge HQs.
In this role, you will need to:
- Manage a large pipeline of inbound leads to identify, recruit, and develop prospective high value reseller partners through a defined reseller acquisition process.
- Maintain high levels of prospecting activity and the ability to quickly establish credibility and trusted relationships with prospective resellers.
- Develop the ability to dissect a marketing agency's business goals and help them develop a better plan for achieving them.
- Become an expert at presenting how inbound marketing and HubSpot's software can help an agency improve the fundamentals of their business.
- Close new business consistently at or above quota level by identifying partners who are willing to invest both time and money in leveraging our software and training.
- Work collaboratively with marketing and technology departments to execute sales strategy as the firm introduces enhancements to existing solutions and/or releases new products
- Bring your thinking, strategies, and ideas to advance our company’s values, unique culture, and vision for the future
You will need to have:
- The desire and commitment to do what it takes to be successful in sales.
- A positive outlook and a strong ability to take responsibility for your successes as well as your failures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional consultative selling skills and closing skills
- Accurate forecasting and pipeline management
- Experience working in a startup environment, if possible
- Evidence you are a Top Producer in your current role
- 2-7 years of selling experience operating within a web technologies or innovative online product environment is a plus but not a requirement
- Facility with MS Office Suite, Google Apps, and Salesforce.com
- A sharp focus on your goals and a belief that your daily, weekly and monthly activities will help you achieve them.
- B.A. or B.S. degree (An M.B.A. is a plus)
- Sales training certification (is a plus)
- Channel sales or agency experience (is a plus)