Account Advisor, Enterprise Accounts at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
The Enterprise Account Advisor is the key contact for all Grubhub Marketplace Enterprise-level accounts. You will be tasked with developing successful client partnerships by overseeing experiences and expectations while building the value of GrubHub and its affiliate sites. Your goals will focus on launch, retention, account maintenance, and revenue generation of group accounts. You’ll be charged with onboarding the brand and key stakeholders, driving the technical integration, operation and launch deadlines. Working with internal stakeholders, you will be responsible for coordinating across multiple engineering and operational teams to help ensure a successful launch. Post-launch, you will be communicating with clients on a regular basis, maintaining a high retention rate of your portfolio, as well as exploring ways to grow each account.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate each phase of a successful and timely rollout: requirements, integration, implementation, training, and client side launch
- Function as a product expert and technical translation resource for clients
- Expand customer footprint and services adoption through exemplary customer service and demonstrating Grubhub value proposition
- Manage integration discussions across third-parties, the client, and the internal Product & Engineering teams. Act as an advocate for clients internally while working across many departments to solve problems and achieve results
- Educate decision makers about Grubhub’s products that will enhance their experience on our platforms. Maximize the value we can provide to every enterprise account in your portfolio
- Document each phase of the process, over the lifespan of the relationship, in ways that are beneficial to other teams and to the client
- Assist restaurant brands in attracting new diners and increasing orders while maintaining a high quality of service to diners
- Complete Account Reviews at least every three months with corporate primary contacts
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years experience in working with strategic accounts in a sales, marketing or account management capacity
- Organizational skills like ‘whoa’, you’ve mastered running simultaneous projects
- Passion for the hunt and a proven prowess for overcoming obstacles
- Proven ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent communication skills. Good listener, capable of understanding client issues and translating them into an appropriate solution
- Proven ability to work across many departments to solve problems and achieve results
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, Google products) with the ability to quickly learn new software. Experience with Salesforce and JIRA a plus
- Strong problem solving skills and comfortable analyzing data
- Dynamic personality who possesses a positive attitude and desire to be great
- Knowledge and interest in digital food ordering
- Are a really big foodie or have worked in the foodservice industry
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.