Job Title: Revenue AccountantDepartment & Organization: FinanceLevel: ProfessionalLocation: Boston, MA
Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
We are seeking a Revenue Accountant to be responsible for supporting the monthly and quarterly accounting close cycles, along with supporting the revenue department with analytics and process improvement initiatives. This position will be responsible for preparing reconciliations and related analysis of all accounts (revenue, deferred revenue, and unbilled AR) on a quarterly basis as well as providing valuable insight to management related to company performance, identifying trends, and investigating fluctuations from expectations. The ideal candidate will also be interested in financial systems, including but not limited to systems implementations and administration.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly reconciliations of revenue related accounts
- Preparation of quarterly and ad-hoc revenue analytics for presentation to senior management
- Monitor and analyze trends and processes impacting revenue
- Assist in external audit activities and audit preparation
- Assist in special projects related to ASC 606 implementation
- Monitor and document internal control processes
- Review and prepare technical write-ups for contracts
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting
- Proficiency in U.S. GAAP and SOX Controls
- Strong desire to learn and grow as a member of a team
- 2-4 years of public accounting experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel Skills – including pivot tables and vlookups
- Experience with SAAS business preferred
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.