VP, Commercialization Program and Platform Product Management at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The VP of Commercialization Program and Platform Product Management is a new role and reports to the EVP and GM of Healthcare with responsibility for the overall governance of the project management and execution of the lifecycle of global commercialization programs of Nuance Healthcare. In addition, this leader is responsible for the programs of commercialization related requirements to stay within the latest global compliance and security protocols and practices, working in conjunction with Research and Development and related Corporate teams. Leading a team of senior program managers, s/he is responsible for implementing commercialization processes and policies, managing the overall execution of active programs and projects to ensure that organizational goals and requirements are met. This role is the ultimate the decision maker / recommender of the division’s and /or unit’s readiness for new product introductions and other commercialization programs (e.g. readiness for sales / service discontinuance). Also, the VP will lead a team of senior platform product managers that drive strategies that leverage re-use of technology across the Division.
- Build COE for commercialization process throughout the Healthcare Business Unit and including the required approaches to maintain the highest levels of security and compliance in the solutions.
- Manage and execute the commercialization programs tied to $140M+ of R&D spend, in addition to spend in other areas of the company that support new product introductions (e.g. marketing).
- Ultimate decision maker on readiness of commercialization programs at the various stages of the program, ensuring flawless execution of launches and achievement of near term (6 months) and longer-term business goals and objectives.
- Lead team of global senior program managers and senior platform product managers.
- Develops strategic and integrated plans for platforms, programs, and projects in the portfolio to drive reuse and eliminate duplication of product development efforts.
- Drive the development of solution platforms to be leveraged by Nuance customers and partners to support their own growth objectives.
- Ensures that programs and projects are being executed in accordance with established business objectives / scope and roadmap adhering to timelines and budget.
- Manages holistic resource forecasting and planning across all cross functional teams and platforms (i.e. R&D, product management, CSO, sales, marketing, compliance, security, regulatory, etc.)
- Governs consistent processes, tools and guidelines for the various programs and ensures that they are followed, documented, and adhered to with the highest level of quality.
- Accountable for commercialization business and operating performance
- Provide visibility to executive staff and key departmental leaders on status of programs including progress, costs, risk, and quality metrics.
- Escalation point for all program and platform related resource conflicts, risks, and issues.
- Engage in development, performance assessments, and succession planning for program and platform product managers.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing.
- Help lead commercialization modernization initiative in partnership with all healthcare commercialization teams & leaders.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 15 Years +
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Minimum of 10 years Program/Platform Product Management experience including at least 5 to 7 + years of experience leading teams of Senior Commercialization Program and / or Platform Product Managers
- Demonstrated success handling initiatives of high complexity and risk.
- Strong understanding of what defines high quality deliverables from all functional areas contributing to commercialization program success (e.g. Testing plans, CSO implementation and support plans, marketing launch plans, security plans, etc.); viewed as “THE” expert in this area, having had experience actually building / defining this in prior roles.
- Strong commercial, technology and market understanding with the ability to translate customer and partner needs and expectations into well designed, integrated solutions.
- Great leadership / management skills, able to determine / evaluate risks with a decisive approach, and ability to inspire cross-functional team members.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to communicate effectively across a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Proven listening, facilitation, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Proven ability to make tough decisions when needed and when faced with opposing views.
- Good analytical / reasoning and creative problem-solving skills
- Certification / Education in areas of commercialization, program management or other related area is a plus.
Education: An undergraduate degree or equivalent is required. A Graduate level degree in a related field, technical or business is preferred.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.