We’re united by a mission: to make the world a safer place. Corvus Insurance uses artificial intelligence to better understand commercial insurance risk. Our software empowers brokers and policyholders to better predict and prevent complex risks through data-driven tools and Smart Commercial Insurance® policies. This allows us to reduce or eliminate the impact of adverse events, creating a safer world for everyone. Drawing inspiration from the intelligent, tool-building corvid family of birds, we are a team of high-flying collaborative builders. We’re excited to meet you. Spread your wings, and soar with us.
Due to continued growth, Corvus is looking for anOcean Cargo Underwriter to join our team. Our ideal candidate will have Ocean Cargo underwriting experience in addition to strong sales, leadership and marketing skills. This is an exciting opportunity to work for the world's largest speciality commercial InsurTech company and impact our next phase of growth.Responsibilities
- Identify opportunities for growth within new and existing production sources to meet the new business goals.
- Risk selection, analysis (including documentation) and service of accounts based on Corvus Commercial Insurance guidelines.
- Implement and manage effective pricing and underwriting strategies for profitable growth of the book.
- Build, maintain and manage successful producer relationships to achieve retention and new business development.
- Meet with new and renewal customers, individually or as part of a Corvus team, to make sales presentations and negotiate coverage, price, financial terms and service delivery.
- Work in a collaborative, team environment with other Underwriters, Underwriter Associates, Claim Representatives and Executives
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of underwriting experience, preferably in Ocean Cargo
- Technical expertise and product knowledge in Commercial Insurance
- Demonstrate ability to develop new renewable Cargo business profitably over a significant period of time
- Aptitude to attract and retain profitable business
- Knowledge of marketing principles, underwriting and pricing strategies
- Suburb sales and marketing skills; must be able to demonstrate successful agency and broker management, including building, maintaining and managing producer and customer relationships
- Proven ability to successfully negotiate on all levels and develop producer relationships.
- Strong track record of service orientation and teamwork
Corvus provides a seriously safe nest for people who come from all paths. Our flock represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Although confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job, we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Corvus is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day
Corvus is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation with our hiring process due to a disability, contact us at 857-259-3995 or [email protected]
Disclaimer: Bird puns are highly encouraged!