Technical Product Owner at Perficient
At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Technical Product Owner. This is a remote role, working Central Time Zone Hours. Candidate MUST have previous experience with a PSA (Profesisonal Services Automation) tool to be considered.
The Technical Product Owner provides strategic business analysis services to business partners. The focus of this position is to work closely with the business units to gain in-depth understanding of customer’s business strategy, processes, services, roadmap and the context in which the business operates. This role will be key to understanding, documenting and designing PSA (Professional Services Automation) solutions needed to address business challenges. Previous experience with PSA tools like Mavenlink, BigToime, Kimble, Asana or a homegrown PSA system is required.
The Technical Product Owner works closely with product stakeholders, QA, and Dev Teams to define the project requirements and to ensure a quality release of the product. They are responsible for guiding the scrum team towards completion of the project. This role will lead in working with the business units to create requirements, design solution prototypes that can be handed to the development team to turn into a software application. This role will also entail overseeing that the hosted application meets performance and security standards.
- Working with experienced Agile teams and directly with key business stakeholders to create PSA (Professional Services Automation) solutions aligned with the product vision.
- Managing the product lifecycle from requirements to prioritization & product roadmap to product release.
- Accountable for vision, goals, product design and product development.
- Providing clear documentation of progress and deliverables, including ownership of product success metrics.
- Owning the product backlog, creating user stories and supplying product requirements.
- Building trusted relationship with stakeholders at all levels.
- Collaborating in planning meetings and providing advisory guidance on product direction.
- Confirming that user stories are complete and accepting or rejecting stories delivered by the product team.
- Managing new backlog requests and engaging in cross-team collaboration to prioritize and organize requests.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams in business, IT infrastructure and application development.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Technical Product Owner required.
- Experience working directly with business stakeholders.
- Previous experience with PSA tools like Mavenlink, BigToime, Kimble, Asana is a plus, but not required.
- Product Owner and/or Scrum Master education or certification.
- Added technical skills such as data analysis, query writing, and application performance tuning
- In-depth understanding of Agile mindset and methods, technical understanding of resource management products, and understanding of industry standards & best practices.
- Demonstrated experience of SDLC and product lifecycle management.
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Microsoft Office, software/ product development tools (e.g. Azure DevOps, Jira, Basecamp, Sketch etc..).
- Web Application architecture and design experience with a background in .Net, Java or equivalent platforms.
- Experience leading large software development projects for professional services automation systems with multiple features.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to articulate and present ideas and\or solutions to Senior Management, data architects, developers and broader Business Teams.
- A degree in Computer Science or related field combined with relevant experience.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform on multiple high priority initiatives
- A good understanding of Oracle ERP modules or other ERP systems is a big plus
- Ability to partner with PMO and other Product Owners across the business landscape
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time. #LI-AB1