Technical Product Manager at Chewy
Are you technically savvy and want to make the move to product management? Chewy is looking for a Technical Product Manager to join our Giftcards Team based in Boston, MA. This role has significant growth opportunity to own and drive our internal platforms. This role is integrated with a development team focused on building our Payment platforms and innovating the process and development strategies to support Chewy’s explosive growth in customers, sales, and team expansion. As a platform owner, the technical product manager is responsible for building a vision for the product, gathering and prioritizing requirements from stakeholders, and maintaining the application support structure which means getting in the trenches and participating in activities across the board.
What You'll Do
- Own the implementation, enhancement, and support of Chewy’s Giftcards Services
- Research industry best practices for ecommerce Giftcard services.
- Define requirements which meet business needs and work with cross functional teams to drive our initiatives.
- Set priorities for the development team while working closely with the tech leadership.
- Coordinate with business stakeholders and continuously make sure your team is delivering according to the constantly growing needs of the business.
- Work with engineering team to resolve bottlenecks to help deliver final system deliverables.
- Coordinate activities across different organizational functions for initiatives
- Review and report on progress for initiatives/projects, managing project risks - including the development of contingency plans
- Own the final system deliverables and the overall roadmap for your area of responsibility.
- Measure, report and continuously improve scrum team’s effectiveness via mentoring and coaching.
- Manage relationships with vendors, oversee all vendor engagements (including day-to-day support, service tickets and ad-hoc consulting services) for your area of responsibility.
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of Technical or Product experience
- Technical savvy, including hands-on knowledge/skill of system integration, databases, monitoring tools (splunk, datadog) and business intelligence.
- Agile experience (Scrum Master, Product Owner)
- Ability to perform business requirements analysis and design
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Capability to identify and mitigate development and implementation risks
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Operations Management or Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Position may require occasional travel
- Experience with Giftcard or Payment platforms Systems.
- Exceptional customer service skills, follows up with clients and team members, and takes initiative to anticipate and solve problems.
- Experience with CI/CD processes and releases management
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com