Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The Product Management team is looking for a Technical Product Manager to support our Infrastructure Engineering team and drive critical initiatives that will fuel our ability to innovate, move quickly, and stay ahead of the competition. You will be part of a small team of product managers who collaborate closely with internal stakeholders to deliver products and systems that directly impact the success of the entire engineering organization.
CarGurus is currently remote due to COVID but will be returning to the office once it is safe to do so. We will be taking a hybrid approach with 3 days in-office, 2 days WFH so you will need to be within a commutable distance to the office.
What you’ll do
- Build a strong partnership with the Infrastructure Engineering team to support their service-oriented position within the organization.
- Gain a deep understanding of our platform and infrastructure technology, and the unique challenges we face as a rapidly growing company.
- Co-own the team’s vision and roadmap; generate buy-in and facilitate cross-functional collaboration with a wide range of technical stakeholders.
- Ensure that prioritization of projects align with high-level strategies and business objectives.
- Maintain high levels of engagement with stakeholders through various forms of written and verbal communication, including project plans, status reports, and executive presentations.
Who you are:
- 3+ years of product (or program) management experience, 2+ years working with developer teams
- Understands developer culture and has a passion for improving complex, internal systems
- High emotional intelligence and ability to bring people together across varying personality types and work styles
- Tenacious self-starter with the ability to work independently, particularly in a highly cross-functional or matrixed environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.