Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
CA Veracode is looking to hire a Sr. Product Owner to join our dynamic Web Application Security/DAST product team. This Sr. Product Owner (PO) serves as the customer proxy to the Agile team. Working as part of the Product Management team, they will own, define, and prioritize the team backlog, establish story acceptance criteria, drive content via prioritized user stories, obtain customer validation and accept stories, ensuring that the solution effectively addresses overall program priorities while maintaining technical integrity. The PO will directly work with one Agile team and will also serve as “feature boss” for one or more large features requiring coordination among multiple Agile teams and product owners. They will work independently guiding 1-2 Agile Teams to deliver value.
While this position will be focused on the needs of the Agile development team(s), we would ideally like to find a PO open to some customer face-time as well as interaction with Services and Sales Engineering. This individual should also be familiar with building feedback loops between the Agile team, Customer Support, SaaS Ops, and Services.
- Assist the extended Product Management team in support of the overall Product Management discipline for a Release Train.
- Build customer and user insights into all stages of the planning and execution process, ensuring the continuous validation of features and stories with Customers and users.
- Build feedback loops between the Agile development team, Customer Support, SaaS Ops, and Services
- Proactively analyze, report, and recommend changes to the product based on data from feedback loops
- Participate in Services and Sales Engineering technical enablement sessions
- Participate in Voice of the Customer sessions
- Assist in Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Lead the definition of User Stories and Story Acceptance Criteria in partnership with the Agile Team.
- Lead User Story definition and prioritization.
- Own and communicate the definition of the Sprint Goals on behalf of the Agile Team.
- Actively manage impediments raised by the team that may impact velocity, quality, or value.
- Support continuous market research and assessment activities to ensure the team is aligned to the market opportunities, and able to react quickly to changing market dynamics.
- Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in a related field.
- 5 or more years of Technical Product Ownership or equivalent in Technical Product or Project Management
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment (SAFe preferred).
- Experience interacting with customers/clients.
- Experience regularly interfacing with various cross-functional teams (Customer Support, Ops, Services, etc.)
- Experience with microservices.
- Networking background – network performance, encryption
- Web application security experience
- Practical exp. with SDLC and working with engineering teams.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner preferred.