Sr. Product Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: Leads and executes complex product initiatives focused over the next 3-12 months. Delivers high quality products on time and within budget that meet defined goals for the product. Leads multi-functional teams to ensure product requirements are completed and technical requirements can be created. Owns the product launch and full lifecycle management, including the identification and initial diligence into business or technology partnerships, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, understanding the competitive marketplace and trends, developing a business case and pricing, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Identify and size opportunities, evaluate the market and competitive environment, for new products and product extensions over the upcoming 12-18 months
- Meet with internal partners (Sales, Network Development, Customer Care, etc.) to understand and prioritize their needs and translate their strategic business questions/concerns into projects or analysis as appropriate
- Develop business and product requirements, including timelines and dependencies
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research to identify end customer needs
- Form product hypotheses, design test plans, and communicate learnings back into product development
- Develop the product roadmap, prioritize features, build consensus and set expectations with all relevant stakeholders
- Define methods and metrics for identifying success and failure, and iterate quickly
- Define and formally document the product strategy and roadmap
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and enhancements
- Perform product demos to internal associates and clients as needed
- Research appropriate business and/or technology relationships as related to development of product initiative.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
EXPERIENCE: 8 years Product Management experience within the service industry, high tech or advanced data analytics preferred. 4 years of progressively increasing project or management experience and responsibilities. Experience building and managing teams a plus. Proven track record of identifying, documenting and delivering functional requirements thoroughly; avoiding concerns later on in the product development lifecycle.
SKILLS: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Performs a variety of tasks where a wide degree of self-solutioning is expected. Needs strong blend of project management, financial and technical aptitude. Strong presentation skills. Previous experience analyzing trends and market developments. Self-directed; requires minimal supervision on work products. Detail-oriented with solid analytical skills. Ability to foresee potential issues within the product lifecycle, and to plan accordingly. Ability to develop business relationships and partnerships as needed. Influence cross-functional teams without formal authority. Delivering products from new product concept to release. Communicate complex product concepts in writing. Detail oriented; ability to develop detailed requirements plans then execute on those plans. Priority minded - ability to identify and execute on only the most important issues (stay focused). Sense of urgency - ability to know when to act quickly to proactively solve problems. Effectively utilize available resources and delegates work to achieve objectives. Innovative and passionate about making a difference. Experience in product roadmap planning and execution. Understanding of full product lifecycle. Ability to work independently, with limited direction.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Frequent interaction with business unit manager as well as cross-functional managers and developers.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Travel up to 20% of total time.