Sr Product Manager - Hotels supply at Hopper
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:59 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, August 18, 2021
About the job
Hopper’s Lodging Supply team is responsible for the breadth, depth and quality of the hotel and alternative accommodation inventory that we offer to our users. Due to the fragmented nature of the industry, we multi-source from traditional OTA “retailers”, bed bank “wholesalers”, as well as growing direct supply from the hotels themselves.
Our customers expect to find the right hotel at the best price, with comprehensive choice, an informative and reliable shopping experience and consistent options for refundability and payment schedule. This creates numerous supply challenges including supply coverage, metadata quality, deduplication, shopping latency, and price competitiveness. Ramping up our volume of higher margin direct supply will also be a key driver of our paid growth velocity, but brings greater integration challenges than simple third-party APIs.
We’re seeking a rockstar product manager with deep technical expertise to lead product development for all of our lodging supply infrastructure. The PM will work with multidisciplinary engineering (located in Sofia, Bulgaria), data science, and product design team and partner with our business development as well as external providers to optimize our lodging inventory.
On any given day - whether you’re defining KPIs, weighing the cost-benefit of new product features, scoping and specifying solutions, shepherding features through development and QA, or evaluating new technology partners - your decisions will be critical to the success of Hopper’s lodging marketplace.
You are a scrappy, creative, technically-minded, hands-on “doer” who is equally comfortable talking APIs and architecture with engineers or discussing business models and margins with our partners. You will find innovative ways to increase our supply revenue by better meeting our customer demand.
• A passion for Hopper’s mission to build the most customer-centric travel marketplace on Earth
• At least 3 years working in a product management role with an online consumer brand
• Technical depth to enable productive collaboration with world-class engineers and data scientists
• Highly proficient analytical abilities to draw accurate conclusions from data and adjust strategy accordingly
• Obsessive focus on the details in planning, evaluating, and building products
• Strong ability to grasp, manage, and articulate complex systems
• A track record of evaluating product initiatives via both qualitative logic and quantitative assessment
• Excellent writing skills to construct compelling business cases both in-person and in-writing
• No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
• Experience with GDS, CRS, airline, hotel and/or other travel systems a plus
In this role, you will:
- Manage a product roadmap for a set of features from inception through implementation; collect requirements, establish key performance metrics, craft the user experience, and drive execution
- Collaborate closely with multiple technology and lodging partners to source our lodging inventory and related metadata
- Create business cases to prioritize connectivity and infrastructure projects, using a deep understanding of complex technical issues and business impact to articulate tradeoffs to stakeholders
- Bring new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering
- Partner with our data scientists to gain a deep understanding of the breadth and depth of our supply coverage, quality and price competitiveness and identify opportunities to improve our bottom line
- Ideate and evaluate product features and strategic opportunities based on quantitative and qualitative research to further differentiate Hopper to both our lodging partners and customers
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assess market competition by identifying relevant points of comparison and establishing appropriate benchmarks for Hopper’s products
- Provide information for management by preparing short-term and long-term revenue forecasts and product performance reports
Perks of working with us:
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer-paid health and dental insurance plans
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description