Solution Manager at MassMutual
Why we need you.
We are building a modern finance organization, where quantitative methods are employed to generate actionable financial insights for MassMutual’s business leaders. We seek an experienced product manager to join our team. As a Solution Manager for the Financial Insights team, you will be working alongside interdisciplinary teams, including certified public accountants, actuaries, business analysts and leaders throughout the organization to design products for business leaders at MassMutual. The Solution Manager will engage internal clients to design decision support solutions and then partner with the Financial Visualization Team and Advanced Financial Analytics team to build the proposed product. You’ll join a team of innovative, collaborative, and resourceful people who think differently, think big, and persevere through all challenges.
In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.
Key role responsibilities
- Establish overall approach for the design of new and existing digital products
- Develop vision from concepts to detailed workable wireframes, diagrams, and functional design specifications
Product and Project Management
- Identify user stories for each client segment
- Prioritize user stories to maximize value creation
- Maintain product roadmaps and detailed project plans
- Utilization of agile project management methodologies
Customer Relationship Management
- Partner with business leaders throughout MassMutual to identify use cases for decision support technology that can improve MassMutual’s financial performance
- Develop deep knowledge of MassMutual’s various business units and functional areas
- Manage trade-offs between various stakeholder
The skills that make you a great fit.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 or more years of experience in corporate application development
- Experience with application development in an agile Framework
- Experience wireframing software user interfaces and diagraming functional specifications
- Experience as a software product manager for business or consumer oriented products
- Experience with advanced analytics, including data science techniques
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship now and in the future
- Basic knowledge of accounting, economics, and finance
- MBA or Master’s degree in Finance or Computer Science
- 8 or more years of experience
- Development of financial forecasting or simulation software
- Ability to navigate complexity and ambiguity and formulate innovative and practical next step
- Ability to seek guidance and learn new skills from peers
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Entrepreneurial minded and driven self-starter