Software Product Manager at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
As a Software Product Manager at Formlabs, you’ll talk directly with customers to understand how they use our products and how our products could be better. You’ll interface with our customer service team, design, and engineering to identify, define and ship the best solutions to solve customer problems. Our printers are interesting and complex machines combining software, hardware, and materials science. Like a Tesla, software is the key component that enables us to continually ship improvements for our printers. If you’re excited to tackle this role on real world products, we want you to join us as a Software Product Manager.
This role will report to our Head of Software Product Management.
- Identify product problems via user outreach, site visits, and more.
- Have and maintain a profound understanding of the target market and competitive environment.
- Using these factors, define a strong product vision and maintain a product roadmap to get there
- Define key product metrics to track progress towards this vision, and deliver results on these metrics
- Work with Design and Development to brainstorm and solve product problems elegantly, write specs for these features and improvements.
- Ensure product improvements get shipped to customers as soon as possible
- Work seamlessly across technical, business, and design teams to guide well designed, well-built features that impact the business over the finish line.
- Love to work in a collaborative environment
- A quick and intuitive problem-solver able to make decisions independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Driven by a desire for excellence and a sense of ownership
- Willing to wear many hats and jump in wherever needed to get features shipped
- Background in engineering discipline (software, mechanical, electrical, etc.)
- Experience in CAD/CAM
- Experience in IoT devices
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Passion and experience in 3D printing
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.