- You’ll execute on the mission and vision by ensuring our strategic goals are supported by our products. You’ll spend time in the field, especially with users, to set the long-term vision for offerings that solve meaningful problems for our customers. You’ll work as the key conduit between our externally facing teams and our internally facing development teams to champion the voice of our users and customers.
- You’ll work with our Sales, Marketing, and Delivery teams to engage with customers on their strategic objectives. You’ll regularly conduct customer and market research to help inform our current and future product investments.
- Your typical day will include researching the competitive landscape, gathering user and customer feedback, writing epics, and working with Sales and Marketing to communicate and measure the impact for your product areas. You’ll work with your agile team and your manager to quarterback Kyruus-wide customer discovery, validation, and creation efforts.
- You’ll define the “why” and the “what” of product decisions. You’ll then work with the Agile team to define the “how” of the product.
- You’ll lead effective brainstorming sessions with other stakeholders on our products. You’ll translate ideas into Epics and break them down into Stories.
- You’ll write acceptance criteria and refine requirements based on the Epics. You’ll contribute to release notes and presentations on your product areas.
- You’ll define collections of Epics into clearly articulated initiatives to help drive the organization toward common product goals.
- You’ll mentor other product managers and software engineers on the voice of the customer through product management principles, best practices, and agile methodologies.
- You’ll support Sales and existing customer conversations. You’ll assist Delivery with conducting trainings on new products and gathering feedback.
Respect: How You'll Use Your Professional Skills
- You’ll use your 5+ years experience in enterprise SaaS and/or healthcare product management to:
- Lead and facilitate Product Management Processes without direction from management
- Ask the right questions of, and listen actively, to our users, our customers, and the market
- Negotiate and identify priorities, trade offs, and timelines for your agile team
- Connect business goals to product roadmap goals, and vice versa.
- Leverage your agile team to get things done, get them done well, and celebrate them when they do
- Proactively identify problems impacting over product teams and our customers and work collaboratively to help solve them
- Build a shared vision and enthusiasm with our customers and internal teams
- Create an inclusive environment where your peers feel motivated to succeed
Empowerment: How You'll Know You're Succeeding
- You maintain a keen awareness of our competitive landscape in the marketplace.
- You define, measure, and evangelize the value and ROI for each product area in your portfolio. You connect it all through analytics.
- You continually discover and execute on improvements to our Agile Development Process.