Senior Product Manager at Drift
Drift is the Conversational Marketing platform that combines chat, email, video, and automation to remove the friction from business buying. With Drift, you can start conversations with future customers now, on their terms -- not days later. There are over 50,000 businesses that use Drift today to generate more revenue, shrink sales cycles, and make buying easy. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About the team
Whether you’re an intern or a principal, you will get to work on hard problems together. We want you to bring out your unique experience and specialities!
- Carolina Lopez-Treviño, Software Engineer, joined August 2017. Carolina built several email features, and is a champion for the email infrastructure.
- Trevor Rundell, Director of Engineering, joined Feb. 2016. TRun is the go-to guy for anything tech or getting deep on a problem.
- Maggie Crowley, Staff Product Manager, joined Dec. 2017. Maggie & the team own our bot features and built the interaction flow we use today.
- Kristin Ackerson Senior Product Designer, joined Dec. 2018. Kristin designs creative and simple solutions for customers who are building Drift bots.
What you’ll be doing on the team:
In one month you'll
- Lead roadmap and execution for one team, collaborating with one designer, one customer advocate, and three engineers to ship customer value.
- Spend time talking to customers, understanding their problems, and validating that your solutions solve a real problem for them
- Be the main point of contact for internal stakeholders and customers
- Collaborate with designers and researchers to create and validate solutions to customer problems
- Write one-pagers (our version of specs that you can learn about here: https://www.drift.com/blog/one-pager/) that describe customer problems and potential solutions
- Own the successful delivery of roadmap items to our customers by hosting storytimes and kickoffs (Learn more about those here: https://www.drift.com/blog/product-engineering-one-pager/)
By month 3 you'll
- Expand your role and lead two teams, collaborating with an additional three engineers
- Become an expert on Drift’s customers and their needs
- Work independently to find and deliver customer insights that help shape the product roadmap
- Hold the team accountable for building the right thing by setting goals, measuring success, and sharing learnings
- Ship a lot of product improvements and features using the “Good/Better/Best” framework (Learn more about how we do that here: https://www.drift.com/blog/how-to-ship/)
By month 6 you'll
- Own the success of your teams by setting and achieving quarterly goals
- Demonstrate your expertise on Drift’s customers and how you’ve solved their problems by presenting at Show and Tell (our Friday company meeting)
- Ship a TON of product improvements and features (seriously, you’ll be amazed when you look back at what you’ve accomplished!)
- Impacted Drift’s growth substantially through your amazing work
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- You are positive, creative, curious, and aren’t afraid to ask a lot of questions.
- Collaboration is exciting to you and you enjoy understanding the perspectives of others.
- You’re dedicated to your craft and want to work amongst a team that will inspire you on a daily basis.
- You are can take candid feedback well and are looking to grow your skillsets
- You are OK with multi-tasking and can synthesize multiple perspectives to get the most important thing done.
- You are detail oriented and organized.
- You love to write.
- You love listening to customers, discussing strategy with colleagues, but also diving into the weeds.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as a “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]