At Notarize, we’re pulling the future closer. As the first company to complete a legal online notarization, online mortgage closing, online will, online auto sales, and countless other critical transactions, we’re proud of our role in bringing industries into the digital age.
Our business has grown exponentially (over 600%) in the past year, as companies in a wide variety of industries look to us to help their customers get crucial legal transactions processed remotely. We’ve been dealing with a number of challenging (but interesting!) scalability issues, as more and more global enterprise companies look to Notarize to help them speed up business processes and provide better customer service in a new, fully-remote world. We’re building the team that will operate a critical platform company in tomorrow’s economy. Come join us!
As our Senior Product Manager for Security & Compliance, you’ll work with multiple teams across the organization to refine and drive Notarize’s roadmap for legal, compliance, privacy and security efforts. You will partner cross-functionally, to put lightweight but robust frameworks in place that ensure we’re developing and deploying products, infrastructure and policies that keep Notarize the most compliant, trusted authority and source for remote online notarization in the market. This role will also lead the definition, planning, stakeholder alignment, launch, roll-out, documentation and ongoing improvement of these solutions.
What you'll do as our Senior Product Manager, Security & Compliance:
- Partner with legal, engineering, product, ops and sales teams to identify and align on legal, compliance, info and app sec priorities and drive towards pragmatic solutions
- Structure problems, develop clear hypotheses, and prioritize work against the largest impact initiatives
- Work with legal to translate complex regulations and technical specifications into requirements, controls, and development approaches that help stakeholders make informed decisions and balance tradeoffs
- Develop plans that move us toward compliant offerings while balancing the need to get solutions to market quickly
- Assess vendors and potential partners
- Understand applicable laws, regulations and best practices and their implications for our products and services
- Help conduct assessments of the platform and communicate findings to internal teams, customers and prospects as part of due diligence efforts
- Develop and maintain a clear, thoughtfully prioritized roadmap and hold teams accountable for delivering against it
- Review existing processes, identify gaps, recommend improvements and implement changes
- Establish key performance metrics and implement strategies for continuously improving them
- Develop compliance strategies in a cloud-based environment
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in software development (ideally with a mix of SaaS, startup, B2B/B2C experience)
- An understanding of the fundamentals of product development and experience successfully steering compliance-driven engineering efforts (e.g. CCPA, HIPAA, WCAG 2.1)
- A desire to focus on building great customer experiences that are secure, compliant and innovative - these are the problems you love to solve
- Technical understanding beyond buzzwords. Command of the web components behind privacy - e.g. cookies and cookie types (HttpOnly, SameSite, third-party), browser security features, and the differences between how browsers and mobile apps function
- Strong stakeholder management skills and a proven ability to work with and influence a wide range of cross-functional teams and leaders
- Great communication skills and a talent for making complex things understandable
- A solution-focused problem solver who’s as comfortable strategizing and leading as diving into the details of getting solutions build, tested and launched
- Flexibility. You approach problems with multiple solutions in mind, and quickly pivot when needed to better account for newly-discovered data and insight
- An entrepreneurial mindset. You actively recognize needs, resolve problems, anticipate issues, and develop solutions.
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- 401k with 4% match
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) & regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people's lives. It's a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don't presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.