Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our growing Payroll/Employee Management team. As a Product Manager, you will collaborate cross-functionally with product design, engineering, product marketing, sales, customer onboarding, and customer service to evolve and expand the Payroll/Employee/Labor Management product suite.Working closely with product leadership and other key stakeholders, you will craft a roadmap based on market fit that drives scalable customer acquisition and customer satisfaction, while instrumenting effective impact analyses to measure the success of your work. You’re right for this role if you are detail-oriented, thoughtful, collaborative, an excellent communicator, and brimming with a can-do attitude.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Operate as a leader of your team’s work, investing to become a subject matter expert of your domain and delivering business impact via product innovation.
- Define a well articulated vision for the short and long term roadmap of your domain; ensuring that the impact aligns to the team and company strategy, and prioritizing the most impactful investments.
- Gather feature requirements that connect to your roadmap and define core business & user experience problems to be solved, always setting goals in a clear, actionable format that supports the Toast voice and brand.
- Obsess yourself with finding ways to leverage data to identify opportunities, achieve goals, and communicate meaningful customer outcomes and measurable business impact.
- Communicate clearly, knowledgeably and transparently with cross functional stakeholders (including but not limited to Engineering, Design, Go To Market, Customer Onboarding, and Support) to build trusted relationships and rationalize, hone, evaluate and effectively influence product investments.
- Maintain a flexible, curious and collaborative mindset navigating change, uncertainty and challenging situations.
- Demonstrate continuous critical thinking and sound decision making by leaning on data to make evidence-based decisions and considering alternative approaches to mitigate risk.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Hands-on product management experience delivering great products from inception through delivery to customers in a fast paced Agile software environment.
- You consistently explore different perspectives before investing in new feature development; always presenting your team with a well articulated, thoughtfully researched and measurable problem before embarking on any significant work.
- You have experience writing clear, succinct product requirements and understand how to sequence the development of those requirements to optimize engineering resources, business impact, and customer outcome.
- You are comfortable deconstructing complex functionality into digestible chunks and understand how to define and circulate a feature’s “success criteria” with key stakeholders. You know which tools to leverage in order to communicate most effectively with different teams.
- You are effective at sequencing the implementation of your current feature and you know which trade-offs to make in order to adhere to a high quality launch.
- Exceptional time management, organization and communication skills.
- You are comfortable navigating ambiguity, complexity and conflict. You remain optimistic in the face of challenges, and seek out best practices from others to improve your own skill set
- Proven track record of success taking a structured, data-backed approach to prioritizing, investigating, and solving problems.
- An understanding of the payroll, labor management, and restaurant industry space and the evolving market dynamics is a plus, but not required
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.