At Notarize, we’re pulling the future closer. As the first company to complete a legal online notarization, online mortgage closing, online will, online auto sale, and countless other critical transactions, we’re proud of our role in bringing industries into the digital age. Digital transformation at Notarize may require new products, new legislation, new partnerships, or new teams and new ways of working. We’ve never shied from doing whatever it takes to help people with life’s most important transactions, online, and we’re building the team to operate a critical platform company in tomorrow’s economy.
As our Senior Product Designer, you’ll work in lock step with our product management and engineering teams. You’ll leverage your visual and interactive design skills to solve user problems and address business needs. Day-to-day, you’ll work through ideation, prototyping, testing, design frameworks, and concept visualization. On our lean design team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to shape the future of our product during a phase of explosive growth at Notarize.
When teammates describe you, here’s what they say…
- Your design solutions move the needle, and making sure your work has an impact really matters to you.
- You’re eager to learn and will tackle whatever project comes your way, especially those that give you a chance to stretch and improve your skills.
- You’ve got some go-to approaches in your toolbox for how you solve design problems and you’re willing to try out new ones depending on the project and the needs of the team you’re working with.
- You’re a quick study. You work fast and generate lots of ideas for how to solve a wide variety of design challenges.
- You love opportunities to engage directly with the audience you’re designing for. Concept testing and feedback are key parts of your process.
- You run design workshops for cross-functional teams to help clarify goals, define the problem you’re solving, and brainstorm solutions with team members
- You refine your thinking as you design, by sharing work early and often, and by collaborating closely with other designers, PMs, domain experts and engineers.
- You don’t just think about individual screens, you think about each step in your user's journey, and your designs and specs reflect that attention to detail.
- Where you’ve got skills and expertise to share, you look for opportunities to teach others and help teammates level up.
You’ll be able to hit the ground running if you…
- Have 5+ years of product design experience, solving thorny problems with thoughtful solutions.
- Have experience designing for responsive web apps and/or mobile apps.
- Are proficient in Sketch and Invision or other design and prototyping tools.
- Can express your thinking at varying levels of fidelity -- from hand sketches to rough prototypes to high fidelity mockups.
- Are a strong enough visual designer to effectively and quickly pull together polished mockups and iterate on your visual designs based on feedback.
- Can speak to the problems you’ve solved and how your design solutions lead to an impact on the business metrics or user behaviors you were trying to drive.
- Are able to show how you’ve evolved your solutions in response to qualitative end user feedback and/or quantitative metrics.
- Know enough about front-end development to engage thoughtfully with the engineers you work with.
- Are comfortable pivoting quickly if business needs change.
- Have deep empathy for users and a passion for improving their experience.
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teamsStrong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) & regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people's lives. It's a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don't presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.