Nuance is helping globally known consumer brands redefine how they engage with and provide customer service to millions of consumers. Nuance’s Digital Intelligent Engagement platform enables brands to interact with customers on all major digital channels (e.g., Apple Business Chat, SMS, WhatsApp, Webchat) with virtual and live agents. The Senior Principal Product Manager – Conversational Outbound will take the lead in defining our vision and roadmap for evolving Nuance Proactive Engagement Plaform into an omni-channel conversational outbound solution that enables enterprises to design relevant anticipatory experiences for their consumers on any channel. This requires an in-depth understanding of contact center and digital customer service operations and related consumer needs, high levels of empathy that end-consumers deserve and a desire to bring truly delightful experiences to the enterprise world rivalling that delivered by consumer apps.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- As a thought leader, drive a multi-year vision and roadmap for Nuance’s Nuance Proactive Engagement platoform in line with the growing anticipatory experiences market
- Leverage in-depth understanding of contact center operations to create a platform that delivers tangible ROI to clients and great experiences for agents
- Conduct market, customer, and competitive research to inform near-term and long-term roadmap
- Lead customer and internal steering meetings to inform and vet the desktop strategy
- Define release goals, features, user stories, and acceptance criteria
- Support the R&D team throughout the Agile software development process
- Actively assist in promoting and selling system to customers, partners, press
- Monitor KPIs of product success and take corrective action as needed
- Be an industry thought leader and up to date on cutting edge user-facing products and technologies in the Service space that can potentially be applied to solve digital customer service use-cases
- Minimum years of work experience: 10+
- Proven experience product-managing Consumer/Prosumer-facing enterprise products
- Passion for building and integrating consumer-facing enterprise products
- Passion for great design and a focus on the user’s experience first; you know what works, what doesn't, and why
- Ability to build rapport and trust quickly with internal and external stakeholders, including professional services, R&D, sales, and key customers (collaboration & influence)
- Strong technical acumen that enable meaningful discussions with UX and UI engineers as well as enterprise customers
- Proven experience in product management including customer and market/competitor analysis, requirements definition, business strategy, roadmap planning and product delivery.
- Focus on tracking and delivering outcomes (such as customer KPI and internal margins), desire to take ownership of these solutions
- Outcome and objective oriented, self-motivated, and creative problem solver who is able to identify obstacles, validate assumptions, and clearly articulate viable solutions to different levels of the organization
- Comfort in a rapidly changing business environment that is typical of a fast growing company disrupting the business world
- Creative problem solving, ability to make difficult prioritization decisions
- Self-starter with the ability to work with limited guidance
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into product requirement documentation and work with various levels of business stakeholders to create innovative scalable solutions
- Mastery of the English language with strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience with modern proactive outbound and/or Digital customer service platforms, Virtual Assistant, and IVR solutions
- Sound understanding and implementation of Pragmatic Marketing concepts
- Experience in Agile software development methodology
- Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, or other relevant degree, MBA desired
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.