Senior Director Product Operations
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
We're seeking a Senior Director of Product Operations to join our Product Management leadership team based in Boston. Reporting to the SVP of Products, this person will leverage their product leadership experience, agile/lean training, and proven coaching skills to mature the team into a high-performing, outcome-driven product organization. This is a new role that will have a profound impact on the success of the entire company.
You are a natural mentor, passionate about building and coaching great teams. You are an agent of change and excel at creating a collaborative culture. You are a lifelong learner, always looking to improve your craft and grow your skills. You are never satisfied with the status quo, always seeking a better method to improve outcomes and results. You are an evangelist, a great communicator who naturally draws people in to listen and learn.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with leaders across product management, CX/UX design, and engineering to create high performing teams
- Define and implement best PM practices that can work for various team sizes and stages of maturity
- Identify issues and coach product teams to improve their delivery performance
- Develop and maintain career paths within the product organization
- Develop and implement product use metrics to increase visibility and drive product priorities
- Develop reporting to analyze and improve team performance and velocity
- Maintain consistent formats for delivering product roadmaps, product status reports and quarterly product reviews
- Develop and roll out training curriculum for PO and PM development
- Develop and implement communication programs for keeping the organization up-to-date on product deliverables
- Develop and implement regular cadence for executive review of product priorities
- Report on resource allocation across the portfolio to help drive investment decisions
- Review and maintain the PDLC (product development life cycle) methodology
- Define alpha and beta process and ensure consistency across the organization
- Develop and maintain an annual product calendar with scheduled cadence of product strategy and roadmap presentations, and quarterly reviews.
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have worked in an agile organization as a product owner and product manager for a minimum of 7 years in a fast-paced environment
- Have demonstrated ability to drive business impact by organizing teams to deliver against company goals
- Have demonstrated success in scaling agile to more than 20 teams in a large company (>800 employees)
- Be able to drive cultural change across the product and engineering organization
- Have demonstrated experience coaching agile teams and improving overall team performance
- Have developed systems for tracking and reporting on team progress
- Have experience with data-driven approaches to product design
- Be a natural collaborator and partner with engineering, product leaders, and CX/UX design teams
- Have certified training in methodologies including agile, lean, six-sigma, PMP, ACP, CSP
- Excel at meeting facilitation, conflict management, and consensus building.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Be able to interface effectively with team members and stakeholders at all levels
- Strong process management and operational background
- Have outstanding technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for learning new technology, able to identify market trends
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.