Senior Director, Product Management at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
As a globally recognized leader in conversational AI and workflow solutions, Nuance Healthcare leverages the latest technologies to create solutions that change the lives of clinicians and patients around the world. We are on a continuous journey to develop a differentiated portfolio of solutions to meet the rapidly changing expectations and models in the delivery of healthcare. As we continue to grow, we are actively seeking innovative, experienced Product Leaders who are laser-focused on delivering the outcomes that matter most to our healthcare customers and their patients.
We are seeking multiple Senior Directors of Product Management that will drive growth of an assigned Nuance Healthcare Portfolio. The candidates will lead a team of product managers and product owners and work closely across the organization including R&D, Marketing, and Customer Success services to lead the business justification, roadmap, and business and pricing models required to achieve the customer, market, and financial goals of the business.
The Senior Directors will need to work out of our Burlington, MA HQ facility once we return to our office some time later in 2021. These roles will start as remote but will not be 100% remote long term. We will consider candidates that are able and willing to relocate to the greater Boston area as we do have competitive relocation packages.
Strategy & Discovery:
- Work directly with external and internal customers to understand the critical market, segment, customer (VOC), and competitive and technology trends.
- Analyze quantitative market and financial data to identify opportunities, gaps, and risks; understand the product and portfolio ROI throughout the development, NPI and lifecycle phases.
- Define and deliver multi-generation product plans based on sound business cases and industry/technology experience.
Planning & Design:
- Conduct in-field hypothesis-based research (in cooperation with segment management and solution marketing) with prototypes and research guides to uncover latent customer needs.
- Clarify the definition, value and design of the products and each solution offering
- Lead the definition and creation of detailed requirements for the product and services through visual tools, Agile Vision documents, User Stories, and other formal documentation methods
- Develop innovative business models, value propositions, pricing models, and margin analysis
- Work with marketing to plan and support the market launch
Deliver & Maintain
- Work on a daily basis with segment management, R&D, technical support, professional services, order management, and other service organizations to meet product delivery KPIs
- Proactively manage the product portfolio, including recommendations for solution consolidation and sunsets
- Gather, interpret, and make recommendations based on the market performance of offerings
- Lead a team of product managers as a mentor and coach.
- Driving cross functional teams and stakeholders on behalf of the product/portfolio. Able to build an inspiring vision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Healthcare or related field with MBA strongly preferred.
- Deep Product management experience (+10 years) with increasing levels of responsibility in the software or healthcare technology industry
- Experience in related technology spaces, ideally in SaaS, PaaS, Cloud Computing business models.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated, successful team/people management, including cross functional leadership.
- Ability to build strong trust-based relationships in a highly matrixed organization and to create the vision and alignment to deliver the best solution for the customers
- Ability to create, understand, and justify financial business cases: TAM, SAM, SOM and other market-based metrics
- Ability to model, analyze, and manage financial performance and to articulate outcomes and impacts to Executive level teams on behalf of the portfolio
- Prior experience with AI, speech recognition and/or natural language technology a strong plus
- Excellent relationship skills, able to build rapport quickly and easily with domain experts, as well as sales and customer services leadership
- MBA in Marketing, Strategy, or Finance
- Experience in the healthcare EHR industry: deployment, clinical documentation, or clinical information systems
- Ability to drive change and to manage and lead others through periods of rapid change
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.