Senior Director, Product Management: Discovery
Chewy is in search of a Senior Director, Product Management: Discovery who will be responsible for building a world class personalization and search experience for Chewy at our Boston, MA office. This role will work closely with our Business, data scientists and other product managers to define personalization and search strategies tailored to specific customer problems and segments. You will prioritize high value touch points across all Chewy properties where our suite of predictive models, recommendation systems, search systems and other data driven projects can improve the customer's experience and maximize conversion in the process.
In this role, you will build a multi-quarter/year road map for our personalization , browse and search product, this includes prioritizing system features and data model strategies, ensuring timely product delivery, and communicating your plan across the organization. You will measure the impact of personalization and search strategies and ensure they incorporate the nuances across our product catalog and strategic trade-offs we are making to drive growth.
What you'll do:
- Recruit, hire, and mentor exceptional product managers and data analysts.
- Develop and maintain product roadmap(s) for your product(s) ensuring product vision aligns with a best-in-class customer experience and broader business objectives; and communicate roadmap clearly across the organization.
- Use both quantitative and qualitative reasoning to break down complex problems into actionable plans.
- Manage an active research agenda aimed at generating innovations to solve business needs and technical challenges (including outside research)
- Integrate research into a technical roadmap for product development.
- Work with other product management, product development, operations, merchandising, and other internal stakeholders to define requirements, guide product and architectural vision, and prioritize efforts.
- Exhibit a strong sense of ownership, bias for action, and superior communication skills; be willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Have a passion for delivering a best-in-class customer experience.
- Utilize data to understand customer behavior as well as business objectives; transform those insights into clear requirements for product enhancements and new features.
- Use Agile methodologies to deliver and iterate on new features at a fast pace.
- Guide cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, and analysts and play a key role in organizing and communicating their work across the organization.
- Monitor performance of your product(s) and measure impact of product enhancements; communicate impact clearly across the organization and use to drive prioritization.
- Create a dynamic, collaborative and fun team environment.
- Engage team in conferences and external activities that facilitate staying abreast of the latest cutting edge technologies and approaches.
- Position may require travel.
What you'll need:
- A thought leader. You can think ahead and build products that leverage machine learning for the future. You can communicate and command the respect of executives,other leaders and developers.
- Track record of building high-impact consumer products demonstrating measurable business impact.
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights.
- Passionate about building functional and engaging customer experiences.
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics.
- 7+ years experience in ecommerce or B2C product management.
- 5+ years experience managing people. Strong leadership skills. You can motivate and grow your people.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA from a top-tier program preferred.
- Prior roles in Ecommerce or in technology companies