InterSystems develops advanced software technologies that enable breakthroughs. With a passion for excellence and a focus on client success, InterSystems provides data management, strategic interoperability, and analytics platforms used in healthcare, financial services, government, and other industries. In selected countries, InterSystems also offers unified healthcare applications, based on its core technologies, that deliver on the promise of connected healthcare.
The Product Specialist is responsible for leading InterSystems participation in the healthcare standards community; including monitoring and participating in discussions within the standards community to ensure that Strategic Interoperability development plans anticipate future customer demand and also support the HealthShare Product Road Map. The Product Specialist will be required to work with other Product Managers and Specialists, Developers, and Customer Account Teams within InterSystems as well as external entities such as HL7, IHE, HIMSS, and the ONC.
This position requires someone who can keep track of multiple, concurrent priorities and can easily move from working on very technical tasks to "big picture" activities. The ideal candidate with enjoy fast paced spurts of activity, as well as periods of planning and execution without imminent deadlines. The candidate should always have an eye on the strategic roadmap and doing things the right way for the product and our customers. While this position has clear independent responsibilities, the product management and development team work collaboratively to achieve the product goals.
- Represent InterSystems in workgroups and committees related to interoperability standards
- Research, plan, and prioritize product enhancements for the platform to anticipate and meet customer demands as well as support other development efforts that rely on system interoperability.
- Collaborate with Development on enhancements and design of key features
- Collaborate with Product Management on the Product Road Map
- 5+ years of experience in Healthcare IT, preferably in a Clinical Applications or Interface Analyst role. EMR, HIE, or Interface Engine implementation experience a plus.
- Ability to read and understand Object Oriented code
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoys working with a team and works well with others, including competitors.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.