Product Owner at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The Nuance Healthcare Diagnostics team manages multiple market-leading software solutions for radiology departments. This product owner will focus on solutions that help our clients with their performance and quality improvement initiatives. The Product Owner will lead the scrum teams in Agile product development activities to continuously enhance these platforms and where applicable transition them from on-premise to fully hosted cloud solutions. The product owner also assists in market launch and organizational readiness activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new value-added software releases & support a transition to cloud: Understand customer needs, prioritize the backlog, write and groom user stories, seek clarification and insights from users, write acceptance criteria, accept user stories, validate results with clients, all to achieve the stated product release goals. The Product Owner brings the end-user perspective to the R&D team.
- Support efficient work practices: Be an active participant in Agile ceremonies (release planning, scrum meetings, sprint retrospectives) and program meetings. Work effectively in a matrix environment to drive collaboration and results with multiple teams. Leverage IT tools effectively (JIRA, Confluence, SFDC, Teams, etc.)
- Introduce new and updated solutions to the market: Help execute product launch plans in coordination with product marketing. Help the cross functional team prepare for new product launches. Create product collateral and assist in product training.
- Be a subject matter expert: Actively assist the commercial team in promoting our solutions to clients. Engage directly with clients to ensure our solutions meet their clinical and operational needs.
- Manage customer feedback: Manage the processes to address escaped product defects and enhancement requests.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, a clinical domain, or MBA, or other relevant degree.
Certified Product Owner
Minimum years of work experience: 1 year in a comparable role or 5 years in radiology operations
- Experienced in Agile software development as Product Owner, or experienced in radiology operations
- Clear thinker, analytical and creative.
- Able to effectively interview and learn quickly from Subject Matter Experts
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills.
- High energy, self-starter, team player, delivers results.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Formally trained in, or experienced in User Experience Design principles
- Familiarity with Software Development Lifecycle management
- Familiarity with cloud solutions, cybersecurity, reliability, HITRUST, SOC 2.
- Experienced JIRA, Confluence and Salesforce (Service Cloud) user
- Clinical and operational experienced in a radiology environment
- Experience with market introduction of software solutions in a B2B environment, preferably healthcare
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.