Product Owner II - Digital Workforce Enablement
Would you like to be part of a team that is defining how Liberty Mutual associates and partners engage and create meaningful connections in our hybrid world? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating innovative solutions that will enable us to deliver valuable enhancements to Liberty Mutual employees across the globe, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers, brokers and agents worldwide. As a Product Owner at Liberty Mutual, you'll apply your talents in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-up-and the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
The Global Digital Services Digital Workforce Enablement team is actively seeking to hire a Product Owner who will be responsible for the Product Development of our Video Solutions platform. This squad is focused on defining and executing on a roadmap for our conference room, video streaming technologies, digital signage, and other communication products. These products provide differentiated experiences that enable our employees to engage with their peers, agents, brokers, and partners in ways that support innovation, collaboration, and value generation. The team includes application development, infrastructure management, and significant customer support, so a broad view is necessary.
The ideal candidate cares deeply about the customer experience and is adept at leveraging feedback to create a technical vision. They and the squad will work closely with vendors, partners and peers within Liberty to facilitate the delivery of our solutions across the world. Experience with common meeting and collaboration technologies is valued but not required.
About the job:
- Responsible for articulating and translating the overall vision into a product strategy and effectively communicate the strategy to key stakeholders and team members.
- Responsible and accountable for assigned product level key performance indicators (KPI`s) and manages product(s) with a medium-high degree of strategy, KPI, scope, complexity, etc.
- Builds consensus and determines priorities for a team of software developers and data analysts.
- Defines minimum viable product (MVP). Owns product backlog (quality of stories, prioritization and refinement).
- Works day to day with the scrum teams clarifying business requirements, removing roadblocks, constantly communicating and gaining alignment around product strategy.
- Ensures delivery of scope, partners with delivery teams to ensure user stories are clear, removes barriers for team members and resolves open issues/questions quickly and efficiently. Acts as the 'voice of the customer'.
- Analyzes feasibility, cost ramifications, economies, or other aspects of planned or potential programs.
- Sets the quality standard for delivery. Develops test plans (user story acceptance criteria), accepts each story and potentially features and participates in team demos and retrospectives to validate quality, provide feedback to team and improve team processes. Partners across functions as needed to coordinate delivery plans, testing, training and support.
- Leads problem resolution as needed to ensure that internal and external customers receive prompt, efficient service.
- Incorporates stakeholder input into product roadmap while effectively negotiating tradeoffs of conflicting priorities based on value to the business and customer.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (business, computer science, etc.). Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years` experience in business, engineering, technology and/or consulting.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies and IT project management.
- Able to depict complex ideas, issues, and designs to varied audiences; educate SBU/department(s) on business vision and plan and the impact of change.
- Able to make difficult and quick decisions daily.
- Able to influence a diverse group of stakeholders-strong leadership skills.
- Strong problem solver with ability to lead the team to push the solution and progress.
- Strong experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to Work" by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates-as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.