We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Create at a groundbreaking company.
We’re growing rapidly and are looking for a Product Owner to develop new as well as existing features. You will lead a talented group of engineers while serving as a liaison between the Product, Engineering, and other stakeholder teams to deliver quality features on time and maintain the health of the existing DraftKings products and platform. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Product Owner:
- You will act as the backlog representative and as one of the leaders for one or more small Agile development teams.
- You will facilitate breaking down product requirements into sagas, epics, stories, and tasks.
- Provide transparency on results as well as planning through data-driven metrics and accurate bi-weekly reporting.
- Work cross-functionally with other Product Owners and groups to identify dependencies, plan initiatives, and deliver on larger product goals.
- You will also work closely with Product Managers and Technology Leads to understand the business objects and tangible results of the work.
- Monitor individual objectives and key results that align with team, domain, and vertical.
- Balance resources, time, and scope to deliver on very high-quality standards.
What skills you will use:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required. A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, social science, or engineering is preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in software development is required.
- Relevant experience or a strong interest in Data Engineering and technology is required.
- Experience working in an Agile environment is preferred.
- A portfolio illustrating delivered product and examples of the tools and methodologies used is required.
- The ability to think creatively and analytically to unblock team members and initiative deliverables is required.
- Experience and certifications in product management, project management, and scrum master roles is encouraged.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
Read Full Job Description