Product Operations Manager at Cybereason (Greater Boston Area, MA or Remote)
We are the DEFENDERS.
Cybereason Defense Platform provides unified protection for the endpoint, across the enterprise to everywhere the battle moves.
Cybereason Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) analyzes all activities on the endpoint and across the enterprise in real time to identify and stop malicious operations.
We’re looking for someone who loves to improve managing tools and processes, and understands what it takes to run a successful product team.
The Product operation goal is to improve collaboration, better cross-functional alignment (especially with go-to-market teams like sales and marketing as well as executives), and ultimately increased output and more likelihood of meeting business goals.
Who You Are
- A Product Operation Manager with at least 2-5 years of experience in software companies building products for large enterprises.
- You are enthusiastic about problem solving, and finding a process or a solution to problems.
- You are a listener and good communicator, who can work and talk with different personas in the organization.
What You'll Do
The Product Operations role is designed to support the Product organization with operational aspects of their work. The ideal candidate for this will be skilled in:
- Fostering cross-department collaboration esp between Product Management, Customer Success, Engineering, and Sales.
- Setting up systems in the product organization to get the right data — both quantitative and qualitative — to enable PMs to create better products
- Gathering, organizing, and presenting qualitative and quantitative data to derive insights
- Influencing and Guiding product managers on how to instrument the product to gather qualitative and quantitative data
- Supporting the incubation team to successfully take products from incubation to launch and incorporate metrics for continued success
- Strengthening product feedback loops, operationalizing products, and scaling product knowledge in a high-growth organization.
- Maximizing the benefit of tools used by Product Managers like Roadmapping, User Feedback, Product Analytics, and Collaboration tools.
- Establish best practices that make cross-department communication efficient
- Ensuring product data is incorporated into various other business health metrics esp with various sales motions of Land, Expand, and Renewals.