The product operations manager is a new role at InterSystems, central to accelerating the product team's efforts and improving our efficiency and impact across the entire product lifecycle. The successful candidate will be very clear-minded, collaborative, data driven, and outcome focused. You’ll help develop our operational plans and processes with the product and functional leaders, providing enough tension in the process to ensure a great outcome, yet working collaboratively to arrive at unified proposals.
You will lead operational programs including:
- Product Analytics - collect, analyze and summarize customer and product data collected through tools such as user forums, telemetry, download and usage analytics, evaluation and win/loss data, license and sales data, support inquiry analysis, and other systems used in the organization to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Product Introduction Programs - establish efficient and effective processes for market validation, preview programs, and company readiness aspects of product launches.
- Third-party product coordination - work with customer operations, customer support, sales, and product managers to streamline the use of third party products sold along with InterSystems-developed software.
- Review and assess current product management and product development processes, and propose, develop and implementing improvements to those processes on a regular basis through collaboration with product team members, with a strong focus on continuous improvement
This role requires a process orientation and attention to detail as well as a strategic mindset. You will:
- Build & Iterate: Design new processes and tools and drive their implementation across the organization. Collaborate with stakeholders to improve processes for new and existing customers.
- Analyze & Experiment: Use quantitative experimentation to derive result-oriented actions for user acquisition, retention, experience, and performance.
- Plan & Strategize: Problem solve some of our most pressing strategic operations challenges.
- Work cross-functionally: Partner with product teams to drive step-function changes in how we can scale operations. Build, maintain, and regularly communicate detailed reporting for other leaders across the company who will use your team's data to inform their own operations and strategy.
Who You Are
- You have a high level of self drive, high energy, love to work hands-on and get things done.
- You have an understanding of product management processes and frameworks and know what product managers need to do to drive successful offerings in the marketplace.
- You have experience working in product management or program management capacity, or have worked closely with product managers and tech teams in an enterprise software company.
- You can manage projects autonomously from kick off and execution to delivery.
- You are a great communicator with strong stakeholder management skills and can bring clarity to the projects you take on.
- You bring innovative thinking to operations and can demonstrate examples of systems you implemented that created long lasting impact.
- 3+ years of industry experience in an operational role and/or 3+ years in a top tier consulting firm.
- An undergraduate from a top university in an analytics heavy major (e.g., Engineering or Economics) and/or a graduate degree from a top university in Engineering, Economics, or Business.
- Experience leading and influencing without authority.
- An entrepreneurial mindset that balances creative problem solving with the desire to run through walls to deliver outcomes.
- Analytical, planning, and process building capability.
InterSystems is the engine behind the world’s most important applications. In healthcare, business, government, and other sectors where lives and livelihoods are at stake, InterSystems is the power behind what matters™. Founded in 1978, InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit InterSystems.com.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.