Product Manager Lead - Enterprise Governance at MassMutual
What great looks like in this role
In this role you will be responsible for implementing an innovative, principles-driven system that holistically addresses privacy, data and AI/ML governance at scale and enables the delivery of superior customer experiences and innovative products while ensuring that key values, such as fairness, are built into decision making systems.
The Product Manager/Delivery Lead is accountable to manage the product lifecycle – gathering and prioritizing stakeholder requirements, defining and socializing the product vision – and leading the execution of the product development. The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial and team-oriented, possesses excellent communication skills and exhibits sound judgement. Managing all facets of agile project delivery including stakeholder relationships, strategic roadmaps, sprint planning, scrum execution, risk assessment, implementation, reporting and enablement.
This strategic leader will be responsible for engaging with business area leaders, data scientists, our controls partners and our enterprise architecture and PMO teams to establish scalable governance process to assess, measure and monitor the firm’s data and AI models.Objectives of the role
- Deliver a proprietary, principles-driven, adaptive policy framework to assess, measure and monitor privacy rights, data acquisition, and AI model deployment against a permissible-use framework.
- Drive innovation and make strategic decisions and actively guide teams toward a future state consistent with the product strategy.
- Champion and facilitate adoption of the framework to enable confident business innovation with machine learning and algorithmic decision making across all business channels.
- Enable efficient, self-service, governance at scale that is optimized for both business leaders and control stakeholders
- Establish and maintain stakeholder input, facilitate feature prioritization, and manage a collaborative, transparent delivery roadmap.
- Collaborate and partner with leaders across our data science team, business channels, law, compliance, enterprise risk, and information security for policy making and best practices.
- Facilitate efficient and self-service governance with quantitative measures of policy compliance aligned with our principles.
- Collaborate with various departments to establish automated processes that collect and compute measures of alignment with principles.
- Design and deliver the product’s data architectures and integration solutions across portals, APIs and streaming platforms.
- Develop and maintain a strategic roadmap for the adaptive policy framework product.
- Ensure product adheres to all SDLC governance, resource planning, and production support requirements.
- Manage a team of analysts and developers as needed.
- Some travel to Springfield, MA, Amherst, MA, and New York, NY. (approx. 1 – 2x/month)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience implementing and managing data & risk governance programs in highly regulated industries.
- Proven experience in a strategic and advisory role, establishing and executing complex, strategic, cross-functional enterprise programs.
- Skilled in applying judgment to achieve process compliance and achievement of business objectives
- Analytical capabilities with experience creating KPIs and using them to manage execution and inform strategy.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional influencing abilities across all levels of the organization.
- Expertise with project management processes and tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Scrum and Kanban
- Authorized to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
- Advanced degree preferred (M.S., M.B.A., J.D.).
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) preferred or equivalent experience.
- Experience accountable for product management
- Financial services knowledge, including core business processes and regulations.
- Knowledge of public policy making and audit processes
- Experience with full-stack software development/DevOps and a wide array of modern, secure, cloud-enabled technologies, data platforms, and CI/CID delivery pipelines
- Knowledge of metrics associated with characterizing performance, bias, variance, and error of algorithms in predictive models.
- Work in Boston Office.