Product Manager - Data Science
Within the Data Science team, the Product Manager builds relationships with business partners to understand their needs and identify where data products stand to address problems and unlock value. This role is responsible for establishing partnerships, identifying impactful opportunities for the application of data science capabilities, and setting the vision and strategy for implementing these capabilities as a data product. The individual will scope, prioritize and lead product delivery; including managing feature definition, changes and enhancements, identifying new implementation opportunities and handling incident management and escalation. This involves working with subject matter experts to gain a comprehensive understanding of business priorities and needs, documenting current state processes, developing roadmaps that align to strategic objectives and developing measurable ways to use the product(s) and data to drive business decision making. We require analytical minds to craft and analyze key performance indicators to track value and usage to drive development strategy and prioritization. The expectation of the Product Manager includes being comfortable navigating ambiguity, adept at problem solving, effective at communicating, and strong at critical and analytical thinking.
Together, we are stronger
Lead a cross-functional product team with a long-term focus on creating and measuring value, setting strategy, vision, prioritizing work, and aligning resources
Dive deep into business processes with the goal of improvement and driving change with data
Engage with all levels across the enterprise
Serve as a conduit of knowledge between functional and technical teams
Communicate regularly with individuals both within and outside of our team
Navigate ambiguity to deliver results
Define metrics to quantify value and ideate to find new ways of delivering value with the product
Productize models, platforms, dashboards etc., and influence their utilization throughout the enterprise
Develop plans for continuous service to support implementation of products
Act as a champion for our capabilities by communicating their benefits and how they can be implemented
Take ownership of resolving any outages, including communication with stakeholders, management of resources, ensuring resolution, and continuous improvement.
What great looks like in this role
- The Data Science team within the Enterprise Technology Experience organization builds capabilities around data exploration and visualization, process refinement and evolution, predictive analytics, and advanced statistical analysis. We do this with product based work in small, high caliber teams utilizing cutting edge technologies. T
- The team is comprised of a combination of data scientists, data engineers, project managers, and product managers. Culturally, we look for individuals with a strong inclination for learning and from a variety of backgrounds who challenge each other openly, regardless of level or role on the team.
- We operate using conceptual thinking, logic and data driven analysis. We embrace diversity in all of its forms, require respect, expect consistent delivery of high quality products and look to have fun.
Objectives of this role:
- To bring Program Management & Project Management expertise and execute on complex projects
- Motivate and drive large scale technical teams of employees & contract resources (on-shore & off-shore)
- Provide Sr. Leadership with a clear view of project status, risks and issues to meeting timelines and goals
Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business/Finance or an analytical field such as Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science
4+ years of product management experience or complex, cross functional, strategic based project experience
Experience working in partnership with other technical professionals such as an engineers, developers, data scientists
Experience leading cross functional product/ project teams to execute and achieve success in complex and high value deliverables
Outstanding communication skills including handling executive communication
Ability to influence other
Authorized to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
- Master’s Degree Preferred
- Experience in working in an agile work environment, with Jira and Confluence preferred
Experience building, utilizing, or maintaining an enterprise data asset preferred
- Skilled in applying judgment to balance process compliance with achievement of business objectives
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Ability to assess a project's scope and the team's ability to execute
- Outcome oriented with the ability to drill down from the big picture to process details
- Ability to communicate objectives, plans, status and results clearly
- Strong leadership skills and influencer