Principal Product Manager at Gemini (Remote)
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Product
Gemini is a regulated, full service, crypto service provider where engineering is the core of the company. There’s a wide range of tough problems to solve at Gemini – from properly securing hundreds of millions of dollars worth of customer funds, to developing innovative new blockchain products, to finding new techniques to combat fraud, to shaving microseconds off our API response times, and everything in between.
Our Product team is made up of skilled product managers with experience in tech, banking, fintech, and cryptocurrency. We draw from top players in the financial and technology industries who are ready to stretch themselves and face the unique and exciting challenges of the digital asset world. We are an internal “think tank” that tackles complex, cross-functional projects, iterates on existing products, and acts as the go-to team for Leadership’s technical vision.
The Role: Principal Product Manager
We're looking for an entrepreneurial, mission-driven Product Manager to help us define and grow our products. This role will expand and build upon the vision of the product, define feature road-maps, and drive execution with our Engineering & Design teams. The ideal candidate has solid experience building innovative technologies from scratch, is driven by data and the needs to build world-class products, and has a pragmatic approach to getting high impact enhancements to market quickly. Experience in product planning, customer discovery, and implementing product development processes are all vital for this role. You will work with leaders in Engineering, Marketing & Design, and will be reporting directly to the Director of Product.
- Lead development of the features roadmap and manage execution with engineering & design.
- Leverage competitive research, customer data, and your understanding of our strategy to build world class products.
- Creating customer-first experiences that drive engagement, revenue and community.
- Own the quality of the product and have a “roll-up-your-sleeves” mentality to deliver best in class products.
- Influence and collaborate with stakeholders and leadership teams to craft innovative rich products and product features
- 8+ years of experience in end-to-end product management at high-growth technology companies (e.g., creating product roadmap(s) from conception to launch).
- Has a successful track record in scaling user growth, managing complex user onboarding and acquisition.
- Strong ability to lead cross-functional organization through product delivery.
- Experience developing a multi-year vision, strategy and roadmap.
- Strong commitment to excellence.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.