Materials Product Manager at Formlabs (Somerville, MA)
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every healthcare provider, designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
We're looking for a Materials Product Manager to manage our ever growing engineering materials portfolios. If you want to establish requirements for new products, determine features and user experience, and follow the product from development to launch, we want you as a Materials Product Manager.
- Identify immediate and upcoming customer needs, then work cross functionally with technical teams to develop market and product requirements to address these needs
- Prioritize features and tasks for the product by writing clear, crisp, detailed product specifications
- Own portfolio market performance by using internal tools to monitor feedback, support, and analytics to recommend improvements and plan changes
- Monitor competitor landscape and market demands to consistently evaluate portfolio relevance and affect change
- Pay attention to detail in a fast-paced environment and provide leadership by managing collaboration and communication with teams up to the executive level, both internal and external, to ensure teams have what they need to work effectively
- Help guide go-to-market strategy for new products and develop maintenance plans through product launch and beyond
- Serve as the technical and educational resource for customer-facing teams to generate marketing and training content
- Material science, chemistry, physics or engineering background
- Experience working with and launching physical products (or convince us why this doesn’t matter)
- Product and project management experience
- Experience working with all levels of management
- Customer focused and solution-oriented with an affinity for data analytics
- Clear communicator, both written and oral with diverse audiences
- Process oriented mindset
Bonus Skills (Optional):
- Experience with 3D printing technologies and materials
- Familiarity with engineering and manufacturing processes in regulated industries like automotive or aerospace
- Familiarity with Tableau or SQL
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.